Okay i want to know everyones view on our kids...i have a 2 year old who still has his bottle and a 3 year old who still has her passie

we both agree that the kids will put them down whenever they want to but his parent keep trying to take them from my kids

jesslovesyou08

Asked by jesslovesyou08 at 5:16 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Honestly, if you had asked me yesterday I would probably have a very critical answer. But after reading on here most of the day my views on a lot of things have changed a little and softened me up, even made me slow to judge.That being said I would say too old, for both. But then again, what is really so different between a bottle and a sippy cup? I mean really. In regards to the pacifier, I have to admit I find it strange and somewhat startling when a child takes it out of their mouth and starts speaking in full sentences, but that's me. But in the whole big scheme of things does it REALLY matter? Probably not. It's a security thing, and contrary to belief a lot of people have them. Whether it be their favorite flannel shirt that has holes and smells regardless of being washed or their beloved iphone with all the bells and whistles. It's not like she's going to go to school with it or use it while she's walking down the aisle
    LuvMyBabies912

Answer by LuvMyBabies912 at 3:07 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I think they are too old for both items, but that is just my opinion.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 5:18 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Well since you're asking, I think that a bottle is no longer needed at 2 and a pacifier could be long gone by 2 as well. BUT I still think everyone has their own kids and to each their own. You do what you think is right and I do what I think is right.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 5:18 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• They are way past the age where they need them and they have just become a bad habit

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:37 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• In my opinion, they are too old for those things. But each parent has their own parenting style. It seems that the only advice I get from Grandparents is how THEY used to do things. Well, your kids aren't their kids. You can do what you want.
    KitKatCadillac

Answer by KitKatCadillac at 5:21 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I also think both children are too old for both things. But, like others have said, to each their own. I am lucky, in a sense, my son never took a bottle or a pacifier.
    Blakesmommy0907

Answer by Blakesmommy0907 at 5:24 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Since you are asking,. I think also that they are far too old however, they are your kids so you choose what you think is best for them
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:27 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• If you really want to know I think they are too old for them.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 5:31 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• It's a hard subject because if they were still nursing there would not be any problem with it... and knowing that kids need oral stimulation and comfort, often for many years, I would hesitate to take them away either... BUT, bottles and pacifiers *aren't* the breast and issues can occur from their elongated use.

I guess I would just say that I hope you are taking steps to ensure that dental health and jaw development aren't impacted. Also, that the use is limited so as not to effect speech development and to allow the kids to learn other ways to comfort themselves. Kids can't walk around with a boob in their mouth ALL day long like they can a paci. If you want them to wean themselves from those objects, you need to mimic what would happen if they were using the real thing instead of replacements.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 5:41 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I agree with the previous posters
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 5:37 PM on Feb. 14, 2011