Do You Think Kate Gosselin is a good parent?

I think she is an idiot who exploits her children!

justalady774

Asked by justalady774 at 5:18 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I really like Kate. Yes she is a bitch but her kids seem very well behaved and taken care of. I personally would have stopped the show as teh divorce started. That is where I think she went wrong!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:20 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I only see what the tv producers want me to see. Since I have never met her in person, I have no idea if she is a good parent or not.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 5:21 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• And she has no excuse when it comes to income. She has her books and all of the money from the shows. If she needs to downsize and sell the house then she has to do it. And she needs to stop saying that the show is whats gonna keep her kids taken care of. Its def bs.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:21 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• She is a mother and well equipped to take care of them, however I believe that many children at one time all at one age are more than anyone can comfortably handle. She is good as for taking care of them, her personal life is expected to be a bit glam because she was through a traumatic childhood and a bad birth / pregnancy experience. She has a ton of resentment over her dad, so at some points she melted in taping shows with self esteem, but overall she is a great mom.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 5:21 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• She is providing for a large family on her own. I am not a fan of the kids being used as they have been.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 5:22 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I don't know her so can't say if she's a good mother or not. I do know she provides for her children. That's not a bad thing

Answer by admckenzie at 5:30 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I think they started out with good intentions and if they were still together no one would be asking if they should still be taping. I remember an episode where it was mentioned that cameras are not allowed in bedrooms so if the kids want to get away they can. I am sure she is doing the best she knows how to do for her children. There are plenty of other parents that do questionable things to support their kids, we just don't watch it on TV. I can't imagine trying to care for 8 children. I hope she has lots of love and support and that her children grow up feeling loved! Like Steph said, we don't see the family moments really, just what activity is planned for the taping!
    AngZacc

Answer by AngZacc at 5:31 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I think that she was a really great parent before their show got to be so huge. Then she started caring more about her appearance and she was always leaving for publicity things (interviews & stuff) and it seemed like she had less time to even try and be a good mom. I'm sure that she still is a good mom, but we haven't seen a lot of that for a long time.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 5:36 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Like others, I don't know her personally, but from what I've seen I think she's on par with that OctoMom. I don't think Jon is a saint either, but I DO believe that those wonderful looking children are being exploited.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 5:36 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Not by my definition she isn't. Did you see her on the Sarah Palin show? OMG -- she was horrendous!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 5:36 PM on Feb. 14, 2011