If your hubby asks you what you want for a holiday, do you tell him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:18 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Holidays

• I always tell him nothing and I mean it. I rather spoil the kids. lol
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 5:19 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• We dont buy gifts for each other. We get for the kids & other family & save up for things we need around the house & our annual anniversary get away. I dont need more knick-knacks, & if I want or need a new outfit- I'll go get it myself. This is the system that works for us. (When we were just dating- gifts were always a surprise for ea. other)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:21 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I hate demanding something and then getting it. This year I made a wish list, some wishes were out there like the Mercedes, some were $5 items and some were about what I thought he really could get me. With a list of 15 things with pictures and websites linked I was still surprised (not by the new wheels) and some of the smaller items surfaced from in lawas and friends who asked my husband what to get me.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 5:26 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Yes. Al;though he has awesome intentions he somehow always picks out stuff that is not my taste. For instance, he knows i love pearls so for christmas he got me a pearl necklace. Now, i adore regular old fashioned white pearls and he got me these tear drop shaped pink ones. I will treasure it always and wear it for special occasions but it is not me. He seems to like it better when i just tell him what i want anyway. That way there is no guessing, no extra searching, and he knows i will never be disappointed. Cute thing is, he gets me what i tell him i want and then he'll add a little special surprise gift just to have something be a surprise. =)
    These days, our gifts are usually something that concerns the baby. Like cameras, books, diaper bag, etc...
    foreversweetpea

Answer by foreversweetpea at 5:27 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Yeah I tell him. Does he listen? NOPE
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 5:28 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• yep. if I don't, he won't get it.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 5:32 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• spa robejewelryno i don't. i love to be surprised when i open a gift. the anticipation drives me crazy though !!

gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 5:48 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Mine pays a lot of attention to little things I say or things I admire when we're out. He has a folder of photos in his iPhone of pictures he's taken of things he's seen me admire or heard me mention needing/wanting when we're out and about. He takes the photos on the sly, but it's soooooo sweet. Still, if he comes to me and asks, I tell him. He isn't supposed to read my mind. I just give him a list of 3 to 5 things and he chooses something and surprises me. We also keep a wishlist on Amazon.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 5:55 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I never know what I want. lol
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 6:03 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• We don't buy each other for holidays because we get it as we need it or buy when on sale.

HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 9:01 AM on Feb. 15, 2011