What is a better car for a mom?

Ford Escape or Subaru wagon?

IraqiVetWife

Asked by IraqiVetWife at 5:27 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Shopping

• Depends on a lot of things. How many kids, their activities, city vs. freeway driving.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 5:28 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• i choose the escape, just cuz i'm not a fan of wagons.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 5:30 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I had a Ford Escape and I absolutely HATED that vehicle. I also had a Ford Freestyle and hated that too. Maybe it's just Fords...lol. No idea about the Subaru Wagon though.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 5:30 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I'd prefer the escape, but gas mileage wise.. the wagon might be better.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 5:30 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I'd go with the wagon. SUV's are still known for flipping
    bigeyedragdoll

Answer by bigeyedragdoll at 5:32 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Personally, I say the Escape. I freely admit the I have an issue with anything called a "wagon." I have a Ford Expedition and I love it but, i have 5 kids so an Escape wouldn't do anything for me.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 5:32 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• i have 3 kids 1 0r 2 on the way.
    IraqiVetWife

Comment by IraqiVetWife (original poster) at 5:38 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• personally I would get a Suburban it is very roomy and it seat 8 (mine is a 2004) I love it bc I babysit (kids) and this vehicle for me comes in very handy I just make sure they all have a carseat and seat belted before we take off. It s like a mini bus for me I love it. GL
    An escape it might be a tad small and the other not sure what it is. My sd has an escape she got it for graduation.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 6:01 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I would go with the Subaru. I'm not a fan of SUV's.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:17 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• What you need to do is find something YOU like... that fits YOUR life... I have three kids and I have a two door Monte Carlo SS... which I love... you don't always have to have a MOM car just because you are a mom. Get what you want, what you can afford, what suits you! I will tell you this though, if you are going to have more than 1 car seat and/or booster seat... take them with you when you test drive and check the fit! :)
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 4:55 PM on Feb. 15, 2011