If a 13 year old girl gets pregnant; who should make the decision about what happens to the unborn child ?

the teen girl and her boyfriend - the future grand parents (all 4 grand parents)- Or 

a combination of all of the above ?frown mini

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 5:38 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• A combination of all of the above along with a non-bias counselor. Emotions are bound to be high and emotions on edge so I feel an outside party should be there to help things go smoothly.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:51 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• The girl and the boy (the baby is 50/50!!) with plenty of help from all the other personages mentioned.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 5:41 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• combination. But abortion would NOT be an option for us.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 5:47 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• What the heck is a 13 year old girl doing getting pregnant? If she displays the bad judgment to get pregnant at that young an age she does not have the ability/capacity to make any GOOD judgment about that baby. Which set of grandparents wants to go back to being a parent of a newborn all over again?
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 5:50 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Me, I would go ask a lawyer. Who has the right.  Because if I had the legal right. My 13 year old would give the child up for adotion.

Answer by louise2 at 6:01 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• the girl
    Anonymous

• the girl should definitely be the one to make the decision, but the parents of the girl should be a part of it as well.
    In my opinion the boyfriend and his parents don't really have much of a say in it.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 5:40 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• The girl, but i think the parents of the girl also have a huge influence in the situation.
    Kayere

Answer by Kayere at 5:41 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• The girl... but her being so young it has to be whoever will be able to provide for the child either end I guess...IMO
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 5:42 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• The girl, with guidance from her parents.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 5:47 PM on Feb. 14, 2011