Am I the only one who does not care whether I get a gift or special dinner today?

tiddliwinks

Asked by tiddliwinks at 5:49 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Holidays

• My husband took me out to dinner Friday night, out to breakfast Saturday morning, so am I supposed to pitch a fit that he's not taking me out tonight when there will be a two-hour wait in every restaurant in the city and the man has worked hard since 7 A.M.? I think I would look like a slug, so I made dinner for him tonight for two reasons: one, I needed to make dinner, and two, he just happened to mention something he had been craving on Saturday. He is the love of my life every day of the year, and I don't need him to prove it on Valentine's Day, since he's been loving me now for about 50 years.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:09 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• OMG.. no, I totally don't care.. I am surprised just how many women DO care
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:51 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• My husband was in Iraq in 09 and I was there in 08 so just to have him home was a gift in itself. :)
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 6:02 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I don't mind if I do or not...my dh takes care of us all thru the year. ;) Even though he still does he's just that way ;) I do for him just bc.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 5:52 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Are you serious???

The most Romantic time of the year, you don't want to celebrate your love! It's not all about the gifts or dinner, it's about telling each other how much you mean to one another. You are missing out on a wonderful holiday.

Linda1012

Answer by Linda1012 at 5:54 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I dont need anything a card is more that enough
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 5:55 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I disagree.. WE VERY much celebrate our love on a daily basis with cards and flowers and notes and hugs and special alone time.. we agreed we dont' NEED a special day to prove it.. we love that also about each other.. we feel every day is our valentines days..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:57 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Valentine's Day is commercialized.

You can be romantic any day of the year.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 6:07 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Nope. I am not a romantic. What I'd like to do with my husband is have some time to ourselves to chat. Maybe on a long car trip, or a hike, or a dinner at a cheap place is fine. But not on the most restaurant-crowded day of the year, that would be stressful! Maybe in early March when babysitters are plentiful.

And I don't want a card from anyone ever, unless it's hand-made. Don't see the point of paying $4 for someone else's feelings.

I don't think there's muhc my husband could give me that I want right now. I'd like some mp3s and maybe a new shirt, but neither is something he could or would pick for me.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 6:10 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• That is so sweet, Nanny B, and a good reminder that year round love is way more important than once in a while. (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:53 PM on Feb. 14, 2011