My daughter will eat solid foods for my husband but not for me! Any advice?

My DD will eat all kinds of food during the day for my husband but in the evening she will spit out or gag on the very same foods for me! She is 1 year old on March 1. She will even gag on stage 3 baby foods. I know it's not that she isn't ready for it. Is she testing me? If so how do I get her past that phase? I am desperate for advice. Thanks in advance!

lin6278

Asked by lin6278 at 6:00 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Ask your hubby how he does it. Does he play games like the airplane game.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 6:04 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• HeeHeeHee, my daughter did a similar thing to me. Honestly, I reveled in the fact that she'd do something for Daddy and not me. I'm a stay home mom and have been since my daughter, almost 4, was born. BOTH of my kids are more Mommy's child than Daddy's. I'd suggest that you set up her routine so that Dad feeds her as much as possible. If she's hungry enough with you she'll eat. NO otherwise healthy child will die from missing one meal.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 6:05 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Do you breastfeed or did you recently wean her? Or are you usually the one who gives her a bottle? If you do either of those things, maybe she'd just prefer that, rather than have you feed her something else.
    Just keep trying to feed her, and she'll be good for you.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 6:08 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• It's nuts. He just gives her the food and she eats it...no games necessary. I am a working mom and my hubby has a job where he is home most of the time during the day. I tried games and everything I can think of lol. I just worry that she makes herself gag on food just for me lol.
    lin6278

Comment by lin6278 (original poster) at 6:10 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Yes I usually do give her bottles. I will keep trying. It's good to know its not just me though.
    lin6278

Comment by lin6278 (original poster) at 6:14 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Are you feeding her or is she feeding herself? At a year old, my daughter was feeding herself unless it was something runny like applesauce and then I put the food on the spoon and gave her the spoon.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:56 PM on Feb. 14, 2011