What would you do? My MIL sent Valentines Day cards to only two of my 3 children.

She did not send one to her step-grand child and only mailed cards to her biological grand children. The two cards came together in the mail over a week ago. So I know that a third card is not coming. It does not surprise me that she would do something like this. It definitely is in her character. (really sad)

CloverE

Asked by CloverE at 6:22 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• I wouldn't give it to them. I've already be the bitch by doing that. They would go out buy stuff for all the step kids but not mine. When my S/O is the father of ALL the 5 kids. I would eityher give it back to MIL or give it to the dontae box. Yep I'm that big of a bitch. (At least to some)
    red_head_mommy2

Answer by red_head_mommy2 at 6:28 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Pretty rude of her.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 6:30 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• i would not have given them the cards. i would have mailed them right back to her with a note saying "if you can't except all of my children then please don't bother with any"
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:31 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• i meant accept. ..gosh i'm really out of it today
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:34 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I would not let the kids know they came, but I would let her know that until she can send for all of the grandkids her cards won't be given out.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:46 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• My MIL is the EXACT same way. All three of my kids are biological, but my Husbands brother has three bio kids, and three step kids. She NEVER does anything special for the step kids, and it is really sad! They will go visit on christmas and just sit and watch the three biological kids open presents, and they get nothing. I mean they aren't MY kids so I try not to butt in, but if it were me, I would just return the cards OR keep them until they are older (like adults) so the step child doesn't get hurt. Blended Families are so common these days that she needs to learn to accept it.
    busywithbabies

Answer by busywithbabies at 6:49 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I'd call her and tell her they weren't getting the cards because there are 3 kids that call her Grandma not 2 and if she can't except that then she wont be seeing any of them.
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 7:00 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I would tell her to please not send anything if she isn't going to include everyone. How sad :(
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 7:10 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• What is wrong with the adults? They are just children. They didn't ask to come here and they have nothing to do with what happened with their parents being married, divorced and remarried. Anyone who is old enough to have grandchildren, is old enough to have some manners and know some grandma etiquette. As the mommie, you can teach that old dog new tricks. Make her feel ashamed, tell her how much all the children love hearing from her and when you saw there were only 2 cards and not 3 you could bear to break all of their hearts, so you will hold the 2 cards until she sends the 3rd. (Or it might be quicker if she flew in on her broom to bring it! don't tell her that part, that's between you and me and the rest of the gang here).

jdjamm

Answer by jdjamm at 7:18 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• wow! this is so sad. my mil would never do this. i don't know how others do this. the kics are so innocent and their feelings are so easily able to get hurt.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:23 PM on Feb. 14, 2011