I HATE valentines day!!!!

Every year (7 now) my husband and I have fought on Valentines day. And it's not the normal everyday stuff. It's over STUPID overrated, overpriced crappy valentines gifts. We were at the store together on Saturday, and he came right out and asked me what I wanted because he had no clue. I told him not to waste any money on a sappy card (I already know he loves me) and no flowers (they just die) But I said he could get me some of my favorite chocolate. And he did. I was happpy. I asked him what he wanted (I mean we were being open at the time) and he said nothing. Valentines is overrated and I couldn't agree more. This morning, I go out for my One hour Gluclose test (26 weeks pregnant) and I wanted to get him SOMETHING just to say I love you. So I bought a cheap box of chocolates in a pretty box. He opens it right away and immediatly has two complaints... #1, there were ONLY 6 pieces of chocolate in it. #2 apparently, I bought "Cheap" chocolate, and not the good kind. So I'm like WTF??? You said you wanted NOTHING but I wanted to buy these for you and you complain about it? whatever. it blew up into a huge fight and he ended up slamming the door shut and has ignored me for the past 5 hours... Happy ******* valentines day to you too!!!!

busywithbabies

Asked by busywithbabies at 6:30 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• It's just a day. One more day retailers are hoping to take more of your hard earned money. Valentines day does not dictate or/and determine how much you or your husband love each other. Clearly this is a day the two of you should just ignore. You don't have to play. Hopefully next year will be different.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:07 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I hate valentines day also. My hubby works days and I work nights so we NEVER see each other. So today I spent valentines by my self and now I am at work. I thought it was just my hormomes (17 weeks prego) making me so upset but I guess I am not alone.
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 6:47 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Oh, Good Lord. If you have been fighting consistenly on Valentine's for 7 years, or does this 2011 episode make 8? Yu might want to try to find out what the underlying cause for it might be. Could be Valentine's didn't go well at his house when he was growing up. If you can't find out what the story is, then why don't the two of you make a pact to not celebrate Valentine's, just act like it isn't there. Act like it is just another day.  You know, some stuff, just isn't worth the battle. Happy Monday :)

jdjamm

Answer by jdjamm at 6:53 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Wow!
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 6:32 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• *Sigh* Men!
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 6:32 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I'm sorry. Hope it gets better.
    red_head_mommy2

Answer by red_head_mommy2 at 6:50 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Ready4baby...... I would have rather spent it alone, than fighting. I mean if you think about it, I am alone because he is ignoring me in the bedroom while I have the kids in the rest of the house. But still just knowing that he is mad at me is upsetting. I was just trying to be a nice loving wife. I didnt want to ignore that it was valentines day, but instead I am the one being ignored. I guess next year he really will get nothing. Im not even gonna mention the V word.
    busywithbabies

Comment by busywithbabies (original poster) at 6:52 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I hate Valentine's Day but not for that reason. My husband married his ex wife on this day so I don't look forward to it and he works nights to so I spent most of my day with the little guy and training my husbands new puppy.
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 6:56 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• i think he was hurt cause it wasn't much a thought into the gift that you got him. i know they say it's the thought that counts but to me it's really how much thought you put into the gift that counts. guys don't appreciate chocolates & i think he felt you didn't put much thought into his gift & that in turn means you don't love him enough. i'm sure he said something along these lines. he may feel differently about valentines day then you do & you shouldn't expect him to feel the way you do. i'm sure being it was valentines day that even thought he said nothing ,which he was at fault, that he still expected a little something from you to show him how much he means to you. sorry each valentines day is a horrible fight. my husband had a hard time forgetting that he killed someone on valentines day & is finally able to show me he loves me on that day even with the reminder of car accident. i'm sure it's hard on the victums too!
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:00 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• i'm not saying it has to be expensive but something he likes like a video game, nudy magazine if your into that, a movie or cd. i don't know something guy not chocolates which is a girl thing
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:10 PM on Feb. 14, 2011