Pretty sure my DD just drank spoiled milk from 4 months ago...

I was sitting here studying and eating my dinner and I got up to go to the living room where my daughter was watching a movie and she had an opened box of milk from October that had been given to her at Headstart that she brought home and lost in the couch and I'm pretty sure she drank it. It's an 80z box of milk...Im scared that she's going to get terribly sick and wondering if I should induce vomiting or just take her to the doctor....????

Asked by proudmom2510 at 6:35 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• Just hydrate her and make sure she keeps hydrated. Other than that just hope it won't take effect, sometimes it doesn't. I've had children eat some pretty gross stuff accidentally and some things do absolutely nothing. Normally with milk the vomiting is pretty quick even with just gone off milk so you should know within a short period of time whether she's fine or not.

Answer by leah_rai at 6:46 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• She'll be fine.

• She might vomit and/or have diahrea but shell be fine

Answer by Steph319 at 6:38 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• She'll be okay. She may get a tummy ache and throw up some and if that happens, just try to keep her hydrated until it passes. Other than that there should be no adverse side effects.

Answer by MamaStuart at 6:38 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Ew I cant imagine that it even came out of the box lol. She will be ok.

Answer by Misteh at 6:42 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• You can always call the Dr. if you want to. But I would just give her some water to drink and see what happens. it may not even effect her at all.

Answer by busywithbabies at 6:43 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• uck! i would be surprised if she actually choked that down! oh my.....keep a towel nearby! she is gonna ralph! poor darling

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 7:28 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Well it's been over 24 hours and she hasn't gotten sick from the milk yet. Thank the Lord.

Comment by proudmom2510 (original poster) at 3:57 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• she will be son has drank old milk before. If she does get sick then i would worry but i think she will be fine

Answer by shay1130 at 6:41 PM on Feb. 14, 2011