At what age should you talk to a child about God and how often

I took my granddaughter to my new church that has primary sunday school for her age and i ask her what she learn and she said they learn about god and jesus and she said granny did you know that god had only one child and she wants to come back next sunday and she stay with me in service and watch the girls praise dancer

tinamarie1972

Asked by tinamarie1972 at 7:03 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• That is wonderful!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 7:05 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I don't think you have to directly talk to them about it...my daughter is 2 1/2 and we've been taking her to Sabbath School since she was 6 months old. :) she loves it...knows about Jesus, kneels when she prays, and prays for her food whenever she eats anything...on her own. I think they learn by seeing...but then again, it depends on their age also...I think that's wonderful!!
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 7:05 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• My son is going to be 3 in May. He knows who Jesus is and he prays on his own without being told.
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 7:06 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Kudos to you for talking her to church, she will remember those experiences ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:06 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• At any age kids have sponges for brains...good for you and your dd.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 7:09 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I think any age is great. DD's 4 and loves Jesus and likes to pray:-)
    the_kimmers

Answer by the_kimmers at 7:10 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• You can start as soon as there born take them to church and as they get older you can start talking to them about GOD im sure your grand daughter will listen cus my nephew listens and asks questions about GOD and he's 6
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 7:10 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• my son loves going to church. my grandparents take him all the time and he usually comes home asking questions. i usually tell him he has to ask papaw about that stuff cuz i know nothing about it. I mean, i know some...its just i don't really believe it. but i don't want to break my son's spirit and his beliefs and try to make him believe a certain way. He will find his own way just like i did.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:14 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• you talk to new borns about God and saying their prayers. It is a daily process from birth. Even before birth.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:18 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• thats great! it will make you learn your faith all over again so you can explain all those questions.
    nonni2

Answer by nonni2 at 7:18 PM on Feb. 14, 2011