Do you think we can really understand God and what s/he wants completely?

AngiDas

Asked by AngiDas at 7:18 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Religious Debate

• I, personally, believe in a limitless number of Gods & Goddesses. I'm sure that there are many of them whom I could understand completely, on the other hand there are those who I will never fully connect with and don't understand. Just like I will never be able to fully understand every person...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:24 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• The God that i serve his name is Jesus and yes you can only if you pray and get into the bible and read it daily
    tinamarie1972

Answer by tinamarie1972 at 7:27 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I don't believe God can be completely understood, but I do believe that what "He" wants of us can be summed up with the message of love and compassion that runs through most, if not all, of the faiths of the world...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 7:27 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• God is omnipotent, and so massive, that there is no way we can ever understand everything about Him. And, that's just fine with me. What He wants us to know about Him, He inspired the writers of the Bible to tell us. Anything else, He will reveal to us, or tell us when we get to Heaven. If we aren't meant to know about it, that's ok. What I DO know about God is that He forgives unconditionally, loves unendingly, comforts unquestioningly. He sent His Son to die for me, unworthy though I am, and to give me total forgiveness, and eternal life with Him in paradise. He gave me His written Word as a guide for my life, and to answer any questions I could ever have. He knows far better what's best for me than I ever could, and knows my future. All He asks is my obedience, and faith in Him. And, for me, that's all I need.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 7:51 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Yes. But mankind is inherently self-centered, not God-centered, thereby making it difficult to understand and accept what God wants. What He wants is quite simple really - it's just hard to do and/or accept.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 8:53 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Yes we can.... it is about choice. how deep do you want to go, how much do you want to know and are you wide open to receive it.
    He certainly does reveal much of what He wants completely in His word and He continues to share more to those open to hear His voice. Be still and know God is quote in the Word. If He did not want is to know Him, He would not have said this in His word through His beloved ones.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:05 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Nope. We as human beings have no real clue what God really is, let alone what God wants from us. However, if we listen with our hearts, we can probably hear what God wants to say to us. However, most of what our limited brains process is actually what we want to hear, not what God really says to us. God is just too far beyond our reach and comprehension to really know and understand for sure what he/she/it wants.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 9:35 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I'm not sure, even IF gods/goddesses do exist. The christian god seems to have so many ventriloquists speaking and thinking FOR him, it can get confusing.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 9:41 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• My feelings regarding God run toward pantheism where God isn't a personal god with wants and needs, but a divine force that lives in all. I feel that although we have been blessed with enlightened individuals who have given us knowledge, our understanding of the Absolute is still quite limited.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 11:00 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.....Love your neighbor as yourself. (Mk.12:30,31). I think that's it in a nutshell.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 12:07 AM on Feb. 15, 2011