Do you think only certain kind of women can be submissive wives?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:19 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Religious Debate

• I think anyone CAN be anything they choose, but I think only a select few will come by it naturally or honestly be happy that way.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:22 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• – collapse
    Yeah,naive ones

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:26 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• I actually think more are than realize, lol. My understanding of submissive is merely a wife the respects and honors her husband. Even Biblically speaking the husband is required to love and respect her and her opinion in return, to put her needs and the needs of the family before his own. So its always seemed like a relationship of equality to me, each putting the other first and lifting the other up, guaranteeing that both, and the relationship in general, succeed/s.

After a lot of time on the passages, I really don't think being submissive means being a doormat or any of the negative connotations people associate with it. Though I know many wouldn't be comfortable applying the term to themselves, even if it turns out that it fits.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 7:26 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Yes, and I sure as hell am not one of them!
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:26 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I think that you can be supportive of your husband without being a slave, or just the glorified maid. LOL
    peachwine

Answer by peachwine at 8:19 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I know I could NEVER be submissive to any man! No thanks.
    sarchasmicangel

Answer by sarchasmicangel at 8:23 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• No - God calls all wives to be submissive to their husband. He would not ask something of us that we could not accomplish without His help.

Answer by missanc at 8:26 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I agree with Bandgeek521. The submissive is all too often misunderstood. It is about respect and not subservience.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 8:51 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• The ones who are smart enough to figure out the submissive has the real power in the relationship.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:00 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I agree with NP, as long as you end up doing what you want while letting hubby think he is in control.

Answer by older at 9:14 PM on Feb. 14, 2011