No expectations on VDay.

The last two years on VDay my husband has been away with his "hobbies" and totally forgotten VDAY, so this VDAY it just happens that he's at school til 8pm and wont' get home til 9. I won't hold my breath for anything that won't happen.
Anyone else lonely in love? lol

I know there are some people that say "it's just another day" "it's all hype"....and I believe them, but I also think it sucks when everyone else is showing what their husbands got them, and how thoughtful they were.
I'd be happy with a card. Seriously.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:22 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• I haven't gotten anything in the past 8 years, so you not along.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 7:23 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• i'm sorry. to some and like your husband it does seems like valentines day is a lot of hype. which it is kinda is but you didn't make it a hype it was here long before you were so he should expect to do soemthing special for you to honor that and show you he loves you rather then just say it's just another day cause frankly it's not. it's valentines day whether they like it or not!
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:26 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• melody, when we were dating long distance, he would get me a different heart diamond necklace every VDay. He doesn't do anything now....not even a "happy v day"
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:28 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• it's not about the present, it IS the thought. I get ya :-)
    bookmommy

Answer by bookmommy at 7:31 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• My Husband and I got into a fight this morning, and he has ignored me most of the day. I am Lonly in love too. Oh well! Life goes on...
    busywithbabies

Answer by busywithbabies at 7:42 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• well that really sucks. i mean he showed you can follow through and now this! don't let it get you down. maybe next yr tell him what you would like to do and what you would like. tell him in a way that says i'm telling you cause i know you'd like to know what i want for valentines day. maybe he just forgot it was valentines day. i mean i sometimes forget it our anniversary and i have only been married 2 and half yrs.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:46 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• You never get disappointed when there are no expectations

Answer by admckenzie at 7:49 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I'm sure people are going to bash me for this but IMO if you have to get upset over -0day then something is really lacking in your relationship. My husband has been gone every V-day since 07, this is his first one home. You know what we did, he grilled me a steak. That"s it, and I'm happy with that because he shows me how much he loves me every other day of the year, so i don't have to get all bent out of shape over one.
    KWnavywife

Answer by KWnavywife at 7:55 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• KWnavywife. Something is lacking in our marriage, yes, I totally agree. I don't get upset, just saying it would be nice....even just if he did something nice ON Vday....out of all year long.
    I would be happy with a steak! lol :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:01 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Sometimes us married couples forget to remember how much we've been given. I usually find myself telling a girlfriend how great my hubby is but then wondering why I haven't said those very things to him. I should and I will try...The greatest gifts we get in life are the ones that are freely given and usually non-materialistic. Keep your eye on your gifts while you have them, enjoy them and love them.
    kbutts

Answer by kbutts at 9:11 PM on Feb. 14, 2011