Is there anything you can do about a pulled gluteus maximus (right buttocks muscle) during a second trimester of pregnancy? I am about 24 weeks pregnant and saw an OBGYN who told me that there isn't really much I can do about it except getting on all fours to relieve the pressure temperarily. I also have an almost 11-months old baby boy who is on the go most of the time, so resting, sitting, and staying off my feet is not a real possibility.

Svetlana98usa

Asked by Svetlana98usa at 7:33 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Oh my goodness, I am so sorry you are dealing with that. It is so hard to be a hurting, pregnant momma of a toddler! The best advice I can give is to try and relax as much as you can when your baby is sleeping. If it is possible, get a lower back, bottom, and leg massage before you go to sleep and try to do whatever else you can to have as much comfortable solid sleep as possible. Hopefully that nighttime rest will help your muscle heal.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:40 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• You should alternate between ice and heat. The ice really helps to numb the pain temporarily. Also you should look into emu oil. CVS sells it. It is awesome! Odorless and you will feel it working right away. A massage just for 30 mins from a professional can do wonders.
    gapeach7212

Answer by gapeach7212 at 8:01 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• not sure if its ok to take while prego but ask your dr about creatine its this white powder u put about a tbsp in a glass out water and it help restore something to the muscle so that it heals faster. My hubby used it while he started lifting now I use it when I need to and recommend to all friends with sore muscles. u can find it in healthfood stores or anywhere they sell stuff for guys trying to bulk up. Hope u feel better
    kadensmom04

Answer by kadensmom04 at 8:51 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• well if you can get him to get on all fours too you can make it like a game to help relieve some of the pain for a little while and naptime is cruicial for you to rest during..dont forget you have friends and family who will help when you need it too..good luck
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 11:59 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Stretches. Google stretches for the glutes

Answer by admckenzie at 10:30 PM on Feb. 16, 2011