HELP.. None of my drains are draining, and toilet is overflowing when flushed

My sinks won't drain, bath tub or toilet. If i try to wash clothes the water comes up trough the tub and the toilet. My aireator is working I went outside and hear it going. But it is dark and I couldn't open it up to look in there. I plan to do that early in the morning to see if I see a problem in there.. So My question is... Do you know what the problem could be.. or have you ever had this problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Home & Garden

• How old is your home? Do you have very mature vegetation around your home? Big and old trees and other old bushes and shrubs? Sewer and drainage pipes used to be made from clay, these mature trees and vegetation will seek out the clay and obstructions occur. You need a plumber and probably a landscaper.

Star419

Answer by Star419 at 9:02 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I would not know. You need to call a Plumber right away! It can get worse. It sounds serious.
    Anonymous

• do you have a sustic tak if so might Be full. you have to get them cleaned out every so often
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 10:33 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• If you have septic then its def full. Call in the morning and get it pumped if thats what you have. If not then your're gonna have to call a plumber anyway
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 10:33 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• yep i agree it sounds like your septic tank is full - call a septic tank emptying company. last time we had ours emptied it was 7 years ago and it cost $200.
    sunmoonstars

Answer by sunmoonstars at 4:53 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Depends. If it's septic, could be full. If it's city, call them asap. That happened at my moms when I was younger. They had to come pump the sewer b/c it was backed up and backing up into the nearby houses.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Or if you are on a city line then there could be a back up in the main pipe. Outside of your house you should have a pipe that sticks up and you can unscrew the cover off of it. Run water in your bath tub, if you don't see any water going out of the house through this pipe, then you have a back up somewhere in your home. Which means you need to call a plumber out to snake it. If water is traveling through but then backing up, there is a blockage in the main pipe somewhere and you need to call the city to take care of it. In the house, its your responsibility, out of the house, its the city's.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 10:39 AM on Nov. 18, 2008