How big should her first birthday party be?

I am very excited for my sweet babygirl to become one in May, only 3 mos away!! But i'm am wondering, I dont want to go overboard, but I want to go all out as well. What is a good size, and such for a first birthday??

IzysMomma

Asked by IzysMomma at 8:02 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• A first birthday should be special with people who love and know her...we had our small family...dressed her up...decorations, ordered her a special cake and had a fun time..the rule of thumb is one additional friend for every year old they are...one year olds still need naps too, so you don't want to turn it into a negative thing either. the most important thing, is have fun with her and make it special :) It's a very exciting time...my DD is almost 2 1/2...it goes by too fast :(
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 8:08 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• A small get together with family would suffice, pictures taken for the memory and that is it. Your daughter is too small to remember anything about it, save the big celebrations for when she is older.

Answer by older at 8:10 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Just invite the ppl who are important to you. Invite the amount of ppl that you can afford to. GL !
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 8:16 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Invite the FAMILY. My DS will be 1 in May as well. I am planning a nice family BBQ. I'll have balloons, decor, and a special cake made. The theme will actually be 1st birthday allstar. :)
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 8:17 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Small. Just close family.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 9:43 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• A 1st birthday party is for YOU, your child won't remember it. Do it as big or small as you want. Invite friends and family. Have a cake for the older guests and a small cupcake or individual cake for the party girl.

Have fun with it!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:39 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I know someone who went all out for all her kids 1st b-days. 2 out of the 5 (that are passed 1) slept during the most of it or were really crabby.
    She had jumping castle, ride on train, fire truck, more then one cake, the whole 9. I personally think it's a waste of money to go all out like that.
    With my 2 it was very small with just family cake and a lunch.
    red_head_mommy2

Answer by red_head_mommy2 at 11:29 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Their 1st Birthday is mostly for the adults but your kid will never remember it ... So you can make it as big or as small as you want.. as long as you get to spend the day with your little one and she has fun thats all that really matter right
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 1:17 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Thank you all for the advice, it really helped :) I know just what i'm going to do now for my princess.
    IzysMomma

Comment by IzysMomma (original poster) at 3:31 PM on Feb. 16, 2011