Perimenopause

Have you or anyone you know experienced this? If so at what age?

Reason my asking is I am 28, my tubes are tied. I am having a lot of pregnancy symptoms, but I don't think I am simply because my tubes are tied. I called my Dr. I go in on the 24Th, but they want me to take a pg test as well and schedule for an ultrasound.

My best friend told me about the perimenopause and said that tubal ligations can throw women into it. Just wondering if anyone has heard of anyone going through it at a younger age?

JAJA_Steele

Asked by JAJA_Steele at 8:18 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Health

• you can get info about this at WEBMD , look under menopause and related ,
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 8:49 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Yes . . . hormones can start to change earlier than we think, and some of us are more sensitive to these changes than others. I started getting hot flashes in my late 20's . . .
    Stress can also throw your system off. Your OB will be able to figure out what is happening, and if it is pregnancy, well, they'll find out about that, too.
    Good luck.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 8:49 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• letstalk I know I can get information about it, I am asking if people personally knew anyone or if they themselves started it at an early age.
    JAJA_Steele

Comment by JAJA_Steele (original poster) at 8:55 PM on Feb. 14, 2011