What is it with names?

My granddaugher has 12 kids in her preschool class.
My granddaughter's name is Bella Rae, there is a Bella and an Isabella
There is an Alyssa and an Alyssa Marie.

Her ballet class has 6 little girls.
There is Gabby and a Gabriella. They are both actually Gabriellas.
There are two Sophias.
Then there is Bella Rae and Lilly.

Anyone else running into all these same name kids.

tootoobusy

Asked by tootoobusy at 8:29 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Baby Names

• My son's name is David and I have yet to run into a child of his age with the same name! lol And it is so common
    DavidsMom0218

Answer by DavidsMom0218 at 6:10 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• The name I'm happy to see go out is Jaden and all forms of it. It's not the name, it's that everyone and their dog named their sons/daughters, Jaedyn, Jaden, Jaydon, Gaegyn, etc......and there are about a million different ways to spell it.
    SnapdragonSMT

Answer by SnapdragonSMT at 9:36 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• That happens all the time. There is always a couple names that are super popular. Do you remember the Ashley, Amanda, Michael, Josh craze of the late 80's?
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 11:04 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Yes, there is an AM and a PM preschool class at my daughter's school and I'd say there are at least 5 repeats.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 8:33 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I see it a lot, but then again, I had a very popular name when I was growing up, and so did my best friend. When I was in school everyone was either Jennifer, Kim, or Lisa. When my mom was growing up, everyone was Cherie or Ann or Cheryl Ann. There are just certain names that are popular during certain times, and sometimes it depends on the area. When my oldest was born, we thought we were picking out a very original name... then she got to Kindergarten and three other girls in her class had the same name! Then we moved to another state, and we have yet to run into someone her age with that name. It's weird.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 8:38 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• yea but all those names are really popular right now.
    PhoenixsMommy10

Answer by PhoenixsMommy10 at 8:51 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Isabella, Isabell, they were up in the top choices of names for a long time. My niece is Isabella, after my great grandma. And sure she will have at least one in her class to share a name with.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:16 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• All of those names are really popular right now, especially the Bella/Isabella. I hear/see those everywhere!
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 8:17 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• In my mom's group, we had 3 Avas!
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 4:27 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• My son is the only Evan in his preschool class. And, actually, there are no other repeats either. There's an Aaliyah, Malia, Mason, Nahsir, Haider, Aubrey, Tyson. I was very surprised that there were no Ava's or Aiden's.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 10:33 AM on Feb. 16, 2011