We want a boy!

I know that tequnically its all up to mother nature..but my fiance and i want a little boy so badly! I know that its an aweful thing to say but when i think of having a girl i get sad. Some days i feel bad for feeling that way but even when we've been out baby shopping we only look at boy stuff...i walk right past anything thats girl. Is it wrong to feel that way?? Anyway what i wanted to ask this question for was for the other moms and dads out there who wanted a boy..what kinds of things did you do to better your chances. Things you ate..things you did anything of that nature. Thank you everyone because i know ill get some supportive answers. Wishing everyone else baby dust too!!!

Csimoes23

Asked by Csimoes23 at 8:44 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• It's all up to the sperm that reaches the egg. You get what you get.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 8:51 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• There is no way to make yourself more likely to get a boy.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 8:52 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• That's exactly how I was, only the opposite. I really wanted a little girl, and got twin girls..yay! So maybe you will have twin boys if you pray really hard for it! It is up to the sperm though!
    mom2twingirl797

Answer by mom2twingirl797 at 9:00 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• As I understand it, "boy sperm" - the ones carrying the Y chromosome - are faster but less resiliant than their "girl sperm" sisters. So having sex when and only when you are most fertile, right at the peak of ovulation, increases your chances of getting a boy.

But really one of the most important life lessons is that you should "flower where you grow", take what life gives you, do so gratefully and gracefully, and hopefully you will be blessed with a healthy baby. Good luck, sweetheart.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 9:05 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Ive always heard have sex closer to the time that you O.. and The deeper you go the better.. Not sure if it works or not but it should be fun to try
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 1:12 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• haha yeah Mommatoboys79 i heard that too..so far weve tried that as well as timing when i was o and we hit it right on the mark! Now lets hope we get this little boy! <3
    Csimoes23

Comment by Csimoes23 (original poster) at 11:28 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I can relate.. I always knew I would have a girl and couldn't wait to buy the cute pinky things.. we found out I was having a boy at my 5 month U/S and I will admit to being temporarily disappointed, but it still passes once that baby gets here
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:03 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• That method of only having intercourse close to the day of ovulation it is suppose to work pretty well. Good luck
    sierramagic

Answer by sierramagic at 10:16 PM on Feb. 15, 2011