How do you deal when your feelings get hurt?

I keep it to myself and act like nothing happened.
How about you?

TwilightMack

Asked by TwilightMack at 9:03 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• sweepingIt's funny you ask this! My DH and I had an arguement and he hurt my feelings very deeply. When I'm angry or hurt like I am now, I take out my anger and frustration on my bathtub, sinks, toilet and floor. I scrub everything on my hands and knees. I think I may have the cleanest bathroom in Illinois tonight!!

Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 9:09 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I try to remain calm and reason my way through the situation to see if it's really legitimate that my feelings are hurt. If it is, and it's by someone I have the ability to discuss intimate feelings with, I try to talk to them.
    lisakansas

Answer by lisakansas at 9:04 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• It depends on who did it. The people that mean something to me, I tell them. I try to express how I fell. The outsiders, I usually avoid or cross them off my list of people to associate with.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:05 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Not me, I need to air it out or it will eat me up alive, I need to address the problem one way or another, I cannot keep it in, it turns toxic.

Answer by older at 9:07 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I'm the same as you!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 9:23 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I clean whenever I'm hurt, frustrated, and/or angry. I don't know why but it's what I do. When my last SO and I split up I not only scrubbed my whole house, I repainted the walls in the living room, kitchen, and hallway.
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 9:33 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• It depends on who has hurt my feelings. I usually talk to DH about it.
    HKing01

Answer by HKing01 at 9:42 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• if it is a stranger i talk to my mom, DH or best friend about it. if it is someone close to me, i talk to them about it. when i am talking to the person who hurt me i try to just say what my feelings are. i used to keep it bottled up and that would lead to horible fights between that person and i (mostly DH). now i say something like when you do/say ____________, i feel _________. i think it has helped me be alot happier, since i can let stuff go more.
    happy-go-lucky

Answer by happy-go-lucky at 11:09 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I try to reamain calm but depending on the situtation I have been known to say something sarcastic, cold and rude without cussing at the moment it happens. Just depends on what it is....
    AmI88

Answer by AmI88 at 11:33 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I think I keep it to myself for about 10 minutes, then i am sidetracked by the kids and everything is forgotten.
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 12:01 AM on Feb. 15, 2011