Moved our wedding up by a year. Now what?

I was going to be getting married in the summer of 2012. Now I am getting married this summer. I am in shock and overwhelmed. I was planning for over a year and a wedding that was going to be close to home so I had plenty of time to do everything. Now I am getting married in 4 months and on the other side of the country. Is this even doable? No one seems to think this is to fast because we have been together for 10 years, but 4 months for a wedding that is on the other side of the country? How is that not rushing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• are you sure??? then just do it it will be fun
    nettalou

Answer by nettalou at 9:21 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I planned a destination wedding in less than four months! It was actually easy as pie!

One way I made it easy on myself was by actively making the decision to focus the entire day on our marriage and not focus at all on it being "a big wedding." I then slashed the guest list down to 20 people.

We are Catholic and I found a neat little historic chapel. I called them and arranged the wedding ceremony.
    I asked for a few references to restaurants, did some research online, and called my top four to interview them. I liked two of them so I picked one for rehearsal dinner and the other for the actual reception.
    Then I called a bar down the street from there and booked a DJ there - since everyone who came in that night would benefit the bar picked up most of the DJ cost. If you want more info, send me a message, I'd be glad to help. Try theknot.com
    angelm523

Answer by angelm523 at 9:22 PM on Feb. 14, 2011