Party guest

Ok don't know if it is a deep seeded thing my mom put in my head or what. But I am afraid to give my son a party because i am afraid no one will show up.

I have had thig "fear" since I was a teen - that if I have something no one will come.Last year I invited two people but they were unable to come so it was just family.
How can I drop this crazy "fear" (I don't think it is normal)?

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 9:14 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• give 50 invitations and make early calls and you will have at least 10 kids with parents
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 9:16 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• never thought about that
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 9:21 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• i would say just go for it try not to get disappointed i know it hard not to do cause i don't like it either but sometimes others have prier engaments but alway so an rsvp on who you invite so you know and don't over do it.. those who reply are those your making enough food for and giving party favors for.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 9:31 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I would just invite the whole class and don't be to upset or disappointed if only 5 kids come. I know that the first kids party I did for my son there were maybe 6 kids at it. The following year I invited our play group friends and his entire class thinking not a lot of people would show up and his whole class ended up coming. I had 30 kids that year. Over the years my kids have made friends and now that they are older we usually only invite the kids they are friends with.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:43 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• yeah ima work on expanding our friend base this year.
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 10:14 PM on Feb. 14, 2011