I am trying to figure out creative ways to get my daughter to eat her food.

She does not seem to want any of the food I want to serve her and I am trying to come up with creative ways to make her want to eat it.

Alex831

Asked by Alex831 at 9:25 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I've stuck the frilly toothpicks in my son's food before - it makes it look like little bite-size samples!
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 9:33 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Try finger foods. You can't make her eat. If she is hungry she will eat. Remember that a portion for a child is a lot less than an adult. Maybe she isn't hungry because she is getting too many snacks or juice during the rest of the day.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:38 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• In my house we have a trying plate, So any new food that we introduce we put on a special plate and everyone gets to try it. I have also had my kids help me make supper so they know what we are having and what goes into their food. The other house rule we have is that you have to try everything on your plate. You don't have to eat it all you just have to try it, so if we have steak, corn, and potatos you can eat all your steak and try your corn and potatos and then you can be done.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:39 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• This is a really good idea. I really like the trying plate idea. Thanks for all the help! I will definitely try some of these if not all of them
    Alex831

Comment by Alex831 (original poster) at 10:02 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• there are books out there that show you how to blend the food and then mix it in so they cant taste it like using apple sauce instead of sugar in your brownies...:))
    MissLynne01

Answer by MissLynne01 at 10:42 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Try getting her a play with your food game... what it is is a dinner set with a spinner... the spinner says things like... take 1 bite from the section with the castle or whatever. We bought one for my 2 year old, however we haven't used it yet because I think he's too young... but it looks like a cute idea

http://www.shopatron.com/products/productdetail/part_number=905/568.0?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=googleshopping
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:08 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Make it fun, cut or mold food into fun shapes (whole wheat pancakes or turkey breast meatloaf). Whole wheat tortilla rollup sandwiches with pureed veggies instead of mayo. Celery with peanut butter and raisins (aka ants on a log).
    LuvMyBabies912

Answer by LuvMyBabies912 at 3:01 PM on Feb. 15, 2011