Been with boyfriend for 3 yrs and 2 valentines and never got anything both times.

and im pregnant and have a kid with him already ... what do you guys think. and how i should act about the whole situation

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:31 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• I have been with my better half for 4 years and we just dont exchange gifts on v-day, halmark is making money. You have each other and that should be enough.
    wyattgrace

Answer by wyattgrace at 9:34 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Sounds like he isn't into the holiday. The only way you might get him to change is tell him that it bothers you. Otherwise he'll have no clue.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 9:35 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I think if you have talked about gifts then I would say something. If you have never talked about gifts then you need to tell him how you feel. My husband and I do not get each other gifts on Valentine's Day. We have been married 14 years and I sometimes I get flowers although not always. It is just one of those holidays for us.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:36 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• How does he act the rest of the year? It is more important that he show how much he loves you and how special you are all year long rather than one day a year. Be grateful that you have someone to share the day with.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:36 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• maybe he's just not one to celebrate there are some guys like that but you should bring it up to him and ask why he doesn't just so that it's out there.

Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 9:37 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• i think vday is a joke. hubby and I didn't even wish each other a happy valentines day. My point is that its important to some and not to others. You should explain your expectations to him.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 9:37 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I've been with DH 7 years and rarely get Valentine's day gifts. I don't get him anything either. It's just another day to us, the important thing is that we love each other and enjoy each other everyday.
    HKing01

Answer by HKing01 at 9:39 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• if you do want something then maybe you should start getting him gifts (if you don't already)...make him feel guilty for not thinking of you
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:40 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• As long as he is good to you in general, I wouldn't worry about it. If it is important to you, then I would say so. You could also start the tradition yourself by giving him something.

This was our first Vday married and I did something really goofy - I made him coupons for his favorite things like a day playing video games with no complaints, etc. He LOVED it. You'd have thought it was a Maserati! LOL

By giving the first gift you could set the stage and not seem confrontational. You can even do it cheaply like me!
    angelm523

Answer by angelm523 at 9:41 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I must be the only female in this world who thinks Vday is the dumbest holiday ever...my DH used to buy me flowers...we've been together 11 years and he knows that it's a waste of money...I don't wear jewelry...my cats will eat flowers and I can buy a chocolate any day of the week...we're happy to get a "date night" regardless of what day of the week it is...I don't think you have anything to worry about...some people just aren't into it. nothin wrong with it :) it's better that he treat you with respect and love every other day of the year, than acting special once a year :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 9:43 PM on Feb. 14, 2011