I cant trust my husband

The title says it all. My husband is a liar. He was lied many times, about serious things and not serious things. He had an *almost* one night stand a year ago that put a huge dent in things. He lies about small things "to protect my feelings". He has lied about visiting a friend when he was really visiting some woman. Not to mention that there are other issues that we have. I am at such a loss here.

I have tried and tried to work things out with him, but the lying continues. I have been burned by him so many times that Im to the point where Im saying eff everything about us and seriously considering divorce.

I have nothing. I am working on a degree, cant find a job (Ive been looking and applying with no luck), and nowhere to go. I cant leave until I have a way to support my son and me.

I have also considered staying for the sake of our son. My husband and I do get along. I dont know. I need some advice here ladies.

What do you think? What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• If you don't have trust the relationship will end in divorce, get counseling it might help.

Answer by older at 9:43 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Without trust there is NO relationship. Do not stay for your sons sake, that is a huge mistake. Do you want him to learn that it is ok to lie? Try marriage counseling, but it sounds like the relationship needs to end.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:45 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I think if you really want to save your marriage I would go to counseling. I would also try to talk with him and find out why he is lying all the time.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:46 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Just make plans to leave. If you work things out then so be it. I stayed with my x until I got a job & saved up to move out.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:46 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Without trust I really dont know if anything can save your marriage. Maybe you can seek counsiling and work on your trust issues? Whateve you decide to do I wish you all the best, and my advise would be to stay for yourself if you want to, but never stay for the kid. If you are unhappy your son will be unhappy. My parents stayed married for a while because of my brother and I and I resent them for it.
    busywithbabies

Answer by busywithbabies at 9:49 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I can say "I agree, with everyone".

I would get rid of him.

please mail me personally, and we can talk, if you would like, to check out my profile.
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 10:38 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• there is nothing you can do to fix the marriage, unless he is willing to work on it also. and it doesn't sound like he is willing to work on it at all. i would save up and leave.
    happy-go-lucky

Answer by happy-go-lucky at 11:01 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• That's for you to decide exactly how much you are gonna put up with because you are the only one that has to .....
    mami323

Answer by mami323 at 1:02 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• If you get along in other ways and he is an OK father, I would tough it out for awhile longer. Get your degree, get a job and then reevaluate things. Some counseling for both of you is in order. If your DH won't go, then go alone. It will help you clear your head about all this.
    lilangilyn

Answer by lilangilyn at 7:44 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Have you tried sitting him down and discussing how you have been feeling and how he has made you feel this way?? If this doesn't work then you should consider counselling. Trust is so important in a marriage and it seems he has lost all respect for you, have you threatened to leave, if so how did he react?? If there wasn't a child involved I would say leave him now, but you need to be able to say to yourself and your son "I tried, I really did." If you have done all you can to salvage the marriage then leave, but go see someone for advice on your entitlements first. If you need to talk you can mail me anytime, best of luck :)
    neady

Answer by neady at 9:41 AM on Feb. 15, 2011