how long until my formula fed baby will sleep through the night?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• MIne is 10 months and still doesn't. His brother didn't either until I got rid of the bottle. Both of them had the same schedule. He wakes up around 11pm for a bottle and then again between 4am and 6am.
    Anonymous

• My DD was 8 weeks. I was also formula fed and started at 6 weeks. It doesnt matter what they are fed. All babies are diff :)
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 11:02 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• It's not the formula that matters, really, it's just your baby. Mine is ten weeks and has been sleeping through the night for awhile...
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 11:46 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• LOL they are all different. My son sleeps 4 hours some times, 6 hours others. He is hungry though because he eats a whole feeding. I asked my brother when my 3 and a half year old nephew started sleeping through the night, and he said "I'll let ya know" LOL but their daughter who is 10 weeks sleeps through the night most of the time recently. They are all different. Just feed the baby, burp, and rub their back a couple minutes and lay them back down. Keep the lights off or as low as possible. Don't talk to the baby or make a lot of eye contact at night either. Lay them back down and they will eventually get it that it's time to sleep. If they need a diaper change, do it before you feed them. Then they don't get all stimulated at the end of eating. Even though I am tired when my son wakes up I have learned to enjoy this time because some day they will be a teenager and won't want to get out of bed, and drive you up the wall LOL
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 11:43 AM on Nov. 18, 2008