Induction question? adult content

I've always had some sort of bacterial infection they come and go, which i was told by my doc that it was normal becuase of my hormones but that it does weaken the sac where the baby is at and i could go into labor early. This time around I'm almost 38 weeks and I know I got another bacterial infection again... I have my doc appointmet this Friday again when i',m 38 weeks. My wuestion is if this bacterial infection doesn't stop will i be induce and put into antibiotics before i have the baby? What if i go into labor (naturally) with the bacterial infection before an induction?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• no idea - but I bumped you. Could you get an earlier appt, or call and talk to a nurse tomorrow?
    angelm523

Answer by angelm523 at 9:45 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• No idea. guess youll have to wait and see when the dr checks.
    Anonymous

• They usually try to get the antibiotics in you before baby comes. Many kinds of infections can cause preterm labor, but you're so close, they'll probably get you on some antibiotics and then induce you once you're 39wks, or just let you go into labor on your own. They won't induce you until after 39wks- at least in my area it goes against safe standard practice, unless it's emergency, or something.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 10:25 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Oh and if you do go into labor, they'll probably just give you an antibiotic in your IV during labor, and watch your baby closer for any complications regarding whatever type of infection you have. Good luck!
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 10:26 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Have you considered home remedies like garlic?
    Many women love this.

Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:11 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• if you go into labor at 38 weeks you will be okay and so will your baby...techinically at 36 you are considered full term and they usually dont try to stop your labor after that if you go naturally but they wont induce you unless you are showing no progress at 39 weeks..i had a bacterial infection at 14 weeks and my dr gave me an antibiotic..if you go into labor with one they will give you antibiotics through your iv to protect baby as it is born so relax and talk to your dr about the options at your next visit
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 11:41 AM on Feb. 15, 2011