How would you deal with this?

we Just moved into this house and i have been spending my time painting and decorating trying to maKe it home. everytime i do something new hubby Just overLooKs it and says nothing it is reaLLy starting to maKE me feeL LiKe shit what wouLd you do?

jodi205

Asked by jodi205 at 9:44 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Just for Fun

• My father did this with my mother before. She politely told him that unless he wants to redo everything already done, just accept it. It's just going to take more time in the long run.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:58 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Some men have no sense for decorating or style, do it for you not him.

Answer by older at 9:46 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• do it yourself...have a talk with him and let him know how you feel...or hire someone to do it for you
    bmwlover

Answer by bmwlover at 9:46 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Well, who are you doing it for? If you get some satisfaction out of the work, the end result, or both, keep it up! Do what makes you happy. If he doesnt say anything...oh well, then hes not allowed to complain later right? :) Also, men arent relly keen to gushing about interior decorating. so..unless hes diliberately rude, dont take it to heart. brush it off... Men!
    soldiermom1986

Answer by soldiermom1986 at 9:46 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I painted every room downstairs when my husband was deployed the first time. When he got home all he did was complain about how bad of a job I did. Because it wasn't the dark greens and dark reds with the hunting border that he wanted. I painted lighter colors to make the house more open and inviting. So of course, it was the most God awful thing he has ever seen. I told him that if he didn't like it it he could shut up and go to HIS garage or it would be next.
    kymuddgirl

Answer by kymuddgirl at 10:02 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• tell his to notice your work, dammit!!! :) men just really don't notice a lot of stuff like that...they're oblivious to most everything going on around them....If you're making it a nice home for you guys, then do what you like and enjoy it...eventually he'll see how beautiful it is...
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 9:46 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• no here is an exampLe i painted the Kitchen today. he knew i was going to do it . when he got home i asKed him what he thought he said it LooKed the same the Kitchen was green i painted it bLue
    jodi205

Comment by jodi205 (original poster) at 9:53 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Ask him if he would rather you stop doing anything. When he ask why tell him you feel bad that he doesn't praise you for your hard work. Maybe he just doesn't realize how much it means to you. Oh yes, I think men are half color blind anyway. I mentioned on another question that my ex said we had 2 black dogs and I said no, one is dark brown and one is black. He swore they were the same color. lol
    Really they were dark brown and black. I can't understand how they could be side by side and he couldn't see it.
    Dianakk

Answer by Dianakk at 10:17 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• My DH and I bought a house and began buying furniture and area rugs and such. I said I wanted soft rose and mint green...his answer was this.."NO WAY! GREEN!?? Well, I do like that real light green, like your shirt..." I was wearing mint green...lol
    dalene66

Answer by dalene66 at 10:50 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Is your hubby color blind?Just thinking ---- no difference between green and blue.Maybe those aren't the right colors to test for color blindness.Hhhhmmmmmmmmmm
    Tikismom

Answer by Tikismom at 12:18 AM on Feb. 15, 2011