wrong for going to lunch with a male friend?

So brief history, i went to college with a guy and we had alot in common, we never had a relationship, nor did we talk about one. Well I am married and he asked me to lunch. Not the whole, he buys me lunch, more of a catch up we buy our own lunches kinda thing. Am Iwrong? What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Relationships

• As long as DH is ok with it then go for it. But have respect for him first and dont do it if it bothers him. Its not worth having having issues in your marriage
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 10:44 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Does your husband know about this? Would it be ok if he went to lunch with an old friend (and he said it was just a friend also) from college and didn't ask you first? Unless you want to cause problems, I wouldn't bring it up... but next time you decide to do something without telling your husband, maybe you should consider his feelings about it? I had friends in college too that were strictly plutonic and if I ever saw them again I wouldn't go without my husband. The thing about guys is that you may be thinking that it is strictly friendship... but I'm pretty sure if you allowed the opportunity for more, the guy would take the opportunity. Good luck in your marriage.
    msp12r

Answer by msp12r at 10:46 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Did this lunch already happen or are you thinking about it?
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 10:47 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Im confused because your ? is past tense but your description is future lol
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 10:48 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• yes i told dh and he has met this person before. This guy friend of mine has a girlfriend also!
    Anonymous

• Always check with you Dh first before doing it. You don't want an arguement to burst out. I personally wouldn't but that's me. Others see different in my opinion.
    PinkRose282

Answer by PinkRose282 at 10:48 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• i'm thinking about going to lunch with him. It has not happened yet.
    Anonymous

• The question should be how would you feel if he did it.....then theres your answer... just my opinion............if you would be fine with it then I think he should be but me and my hubby nope we wouldn't even think about it....
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 10:56 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• If he knows then why are you questioning it? Are you nervous? Is DH uneasy about it?
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 10:56 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• DH isnt uneasy because he has gone out with female friends alone before. I on the other hand am nervous because I havent seen him in over a year, unless instant messages count.
    Anonymous