true love at first sight

do you believe in true love at first sight... and why/ why not?

Meanttobeamomma

Asked by Meanttobeamomma at 10:41 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Relationships

• I believe in love at first sight. Not sure if it is TRUE LOVE or not. I do because it happened for me over 20 years ago...I went on to marry someone else as did he but we still have something very special for one another and he lives over 1000 miles away now. We both wonder if we will ever be together late in life.

After losing contact he even brought his wife out to California to try to find me.

I am not a threat to his marriage. I would never consider breaking or trying to break up a marriage but if he were ever alone...I would meet him in a heart beat.-
    SFerber

Answer by SFerber at 10:50 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• No. I believe in LUST at first sight.

I don't believe you can truly love a person just by looking at them. Sure, you can want to get in their pants really really bad...but that's not love. Love takes time, nurturing, attention, and patience.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:51 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I do because I've experienced it. technically we talked on the phone for monthes before we ever saw each other but still technically love at first sight. okay that probably doesn't count but thats the only instance i can think of it being real.
    GigantaursMommy

Answer by GigantaursMommy at 11:00 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• i do i knew there was soemthing about my SO when i first saw him and i just knew for sure a month later i was in love with him
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 11:02 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• i beleive in true love... my hubby and i met at my work! i was workin at price chopper then and he would come in every day and the first time i saw him i noticed how i seemed to be the only one in the room with him the way he looked at me... and his eyes seemed so gentle and caring! he found me on face book and sent me a message and the title was called... A boy with a crush... lol and then we met and so on and so forth and now were happily maried!
    Meanttobeamomma

Answer by Meanttobeamomma at 11:09 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• NO! I think you have to "know" someone to love them and you don't know squat about that person at first sight.
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 11:39 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• yes. the sec i met my hubby i knew i was gunna marrie him. something just told me he was the one. we met all of 5 min didnt talk for liek 3 months then started talking fell in love ran away and got married
    Remmismommy

Answer by Remmismommy at 12:01 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• No. Think of a child with a favorite stuffed animal. The child knows every stitch in that stuffed animal, including where the seam is starting to come apart or where the eye has come a little loose and is hanging from a string, but still passes by every other stuffed animal, even the new ones, on the shelf to cuddle with that particular stuffed animal. Despite all its flaws, that child loves that animal. It may have been a first gift, that was shelved in favor of mobiles and teething rings. It may have come later at Christmas and was disregarded in favor of light up toys. Why does it get preference now? Because it has proved its value to the child - chasing monsters out from under the bed, silencing lightning in the middle of the night. I think that's exactly the process in which we choose those we spend our lives with.
    LazyMistake

Answer by LazyMistake at 3:13 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Yes because that is what happened with my husband and me.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:44 AM on Nov. 18, 2008