Are there any creative ideas on how to make sure that my daughter brushes her teeth. The problem is that she does not want to go to sleep!

Alex831

Asked by Alex831 at 10:07 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I got an egg timer and told her to brush her teeth until the sand ran out. She thought it was fun.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 10:09 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I think she might like that. Its worth a shot. Thanks
    Alex831

Comment by Alex831 (original poster) at 10:13 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I can't get my son to remember to and then he fights me on it every time. I even read him an article out of a readers digest I found about a boy whose family couldn't afford to take him to the dentist. He ended up with a abscessed tooth and the infection went to his brain and killed him. He still doesn't care to brush his teeth.
    kymuddgirl

Answer by kymuddgirl at 10:14 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Try the blue that goes where they miss. It gives them definite purpose to get it all off.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:23 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• i got my son a spin brush and he loves to brush his teeth, i think they have one that sings to them so they know how long to brush
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:25 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• You could also try different flavored toothpastes, that way she can pick out a flavor to use. See if you can find a child's dentist song and play it while she brushes.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:53 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Ours is 7 and at night we still brush his. He doesn't do a good enough job by himself.
    Anonymous