So how to lose weight safelty in the 1st trimester.....

OK i am on my second child so i know gaining weight is a big thing right now, but I am only 6 wks along and the nurse tells me i am 30 lbs over weight for someone my size....ok depressing news so im thinking if I lose maybe 15lbs during my 1st trimester i wont be too over weight by the end...well are there any safe and realistic methods other over weight mothers have used? i am really very concerned about this bc i dont want complications with the babys health or my own during gestation so any good and safe suggestions are much appreciated..

bamamommy2009

Asked by bamamommy2009 at 10:10 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• weight loss is never advised during pregnancy...just eat healthy as you can to limit excess weight gain.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 10:13 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Nope, you don't ever try to intentionally lose weight during pregnancy, just try not to gain much. You can eat healthy, walk a lot get exercise, and limit your weight gain to like 15lbs. I started out pretty overweight with both my boys and they said I could gain 15lbs instead of the usual recommended 25 for normal weight ladies, and I never gained more than that, surprisingly, I was pretty sick, but still, and I always weighed less after baby was born than I did the day of my 1st ob appt. So just try to be careful not to gain a lot and keep it under control, but don't try to lose right now. 30 lbs overweight for your height and recommended weight is really not very much honestly. Even in nursing school we were taught that those bmi charts are fairly unrealistic for most people. So congrats on your pregnancy, relax and just eat healthy- everything in moderation, and enjoy.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 10:16 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• i agree with the previous posters. don't try to lose the weight now. just eat healthy, & definitely don't starve yourself.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 10:18 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• dont lose weight purposely just eat healthy
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 10:19 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Don't try to lose.

Me personally Imm about 25lbs overweight. I am also 21 weeks pregnant. I have only gained 2lbs. I just watch what I eat, excersize and am careful not to give into" hunger cues" I drink a ton of water.

Just try to limit what you gain.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:24 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I agree... don't try to lose.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 10:34 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• There is NO need to lose weight while you are pregnant. You need to report that nurse. How rude and unprofessional to tell someone that while they are pregnant.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:51 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• You cannot lose weight while pregnant.

Eat healthy. drink plenty of water, limit sugar, and go on walks!
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 10:53 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Ok thank you everyone i feel better about it,thank you
    bamamommy2009

Comment by bamamommy2009 (original poster) at 11:00 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Dont worry about trying to lose weight just eat healthy and stay active and work out just dont over do it
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 11:00 PM on Feb. 14, 2011