What do you do if you cant provide christmas for youre kids?

me and hubby work him full time and me part time and we are barely gettin by no help from anywhere and have been denied help everywhere too late our of our area, were not helpin, no funds, we are hopein for a miracle my question is what do you do we have nothing to sell mto make extra mmoney is there somethin that could be made for our kids?is there a activity that coulds be done how would u tell em there 13 ,10,9 &5 three boys 1 grl sooo please let me know any advice is awesome:)

shelly06

Asked by shelly06 at 10:52 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in General Parenting

• There is usually a program call the angel tree. And we also have a biker toy run. they will buy gift for the children it is a wonderful thing.
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 10:55 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Thats a tough question. Can you just pick 1 thing that would be special to them to give them? Or you could make your focus on christmas' other meaning.Religious or not christmas is about family. So just do something special as a family.
    Good luck
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 10:57 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I know i have heard of the angel trees but all the places i ahve called say there only doin there area soo i dont know im hopein i can come into somethin for them we are in a group for christmas help on here but man there is like 3000 kmoms on there i am so scared i wish they were all still real little or a lot older it wouldnt be this hard , thanks ladies for the advie and support.
    shelly06

Answer by shelly06 at 11:01 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• ww.toysfortots.org.
    You can look up your city, and find out how to request toys
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 11:08 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• look in to your local fire department in okc ours had this thing where they give 100 dollars to the kids and walk around with them and take them christmas shopping for their borthers sister and parents there is also in some places its called adopt a famiyl and people or companies will take your family and buy christmas presents i wish i could help .. if we had the money this year like i usually did i would so send you a couple things for your kids ...
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 11:11 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• That's a tough one. If your kids were younger my advice would be different. We are doing a verrrry limited Christmas for our nearly 2 yr old.... but for older kids it might be hard to do. Let's face it... there is little that most 13 yr olds are satisfied with, period. If you cannot afford to just get each child one small thing, then maybe you can try to refocus their attention to the MEANING of Christmas. Maybe you can all volunteer to help those less fortunate.... your children might see kids getting gifts, but those kids don't have homes... and maybe they can gain a little appreciation for what they already DO have. That may be a hard sell... but it is time spent together as well. Can you afford a special meal for Christmas? Maybe you could do that afterward (or instead of). Make their favorite foods or traditional items they love.... have a cookie baking party or something like that. I hope I helped...
    AggieMamacita

Answer by AggieMamacita at 11:11 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• oh also some churches do things you can look in to that as well
    iloveyall2008

• Are your kids school age?
    If so, call the school counselor and see if they have a Happy Hearts program or other help available. We are always trying to figure out who really needs help that might be slipping through the cracks. Unfortunately, it's not always easy for us to tell.
    If not, see if there is a resale shop / helping hands store that is Christian/church based in your area. A lot of those in my area give vouchers for people to shop. Else you might be able to find something really cheap there that looks brand new.
    3gymnastsmom

Answer by 3gymnastsmom at 11:12 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I have calle every imaginable place you can think of times r harddddddddd i apprecaite all of youre alls advice it feels good to have support , they all tell you call youre area they tell you they cant and well i believe in the power of prayer and i am praying for something to come through i know laot of places cant get back to you right away and someone will call and tell you one thing and then youll find out there was help, soooo i am tryin to keep up my spirits . i am so ready to be over with this yr lol, i wish i could give like i said it is heart breaking we have never been able to financaily give but this yr its tuggin at my heart .thank you everyone say a prayer for us someone will call back or somethin Thank you and hugs to you all :)
    shelly06

Answer by shelly06 at 11:19 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• call the salvation army.Call their school and explain your situation.Also look on craigslist for cheap things or even post on there about your situation.
    preciouschild

Answer by preciouschild at 11:54 PM on Nov. 17, 2008