So much pressure

I'm 31 weeks pregnant and I have SO much pressure on my vagina and butt already. I don't remember it happening this early when I was pregnant with my daughter and I think I even carried her lower than this baby. It is particularly bad when I am laying down and that defies logic to me! lol. Is the shape of your body different when you're laying down that makes the pressure worse? It isn't possible that I've dropped yet is it? I do know the baby is head down right now and that has got to be a contributing factor.

kabbot01

Asked by kabbot01 at 10:55 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Everything happens faster with subsequent pregnancies. Your muscles and tendons are already stretched out. It's normal.
    Try a belly band.
    Always lie on your left side. It's best for the baby and your circulation. Avoid sleeping on your back.
    Good luck! I remember those days (fondly, for the most part.)
    3gymnastsmom

Answer by 3gymnastsmom at 11:09 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I have to sleep sitting up....I have so much pressure....I'm just happy I only have 2 to 3 more weeks.....you'll get there soon...but you've been through it before..... this is my first!! GL!!!
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 11:04 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Some people drop REALLY early...when is your next checkup? Your muscles aren't as tight as they were with the first pregnancy, so that makes sense to me that you'd be lower sooner. I'd ask your doctor about it, just to make sure everything is ok.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 11:09 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I've got toxemia so he has me on weekly visits now, my next one is tomorrow. I talked to him about it last time, but it has gotten worse since then so I will bring it up again tomorrow.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:12 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Uy, I'm 35 weeks and I'm dying here. I've had horrible pressure since about 30 weeks. It's at its worst when I have to get up and pee at night. All that fluid and placenta and uterus and baby presses on my spine when I pull myself up to a vertical position...so painful and annoying.

I know my baby hasn't dropped yet, maybe it's just gravity playing tricks on you yanno? I find that a nice ice pack helps when it's really bad.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:14 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Well, I'm glad I'm not crazy for thinking it is worse at night. And yes, that is when it is the worst for me too, when I have to get up or roll over at night. When my SO feels sorry enough for me to help clean the house and tell me to go off work, I must look pathetic! lol. So this might be a stupid question, but where do you put the ice packs? I would be content to put them in my undies since that is where I feel so much pressure and pain, but would that make me look like an even bigger more pathetic crazy pregnant lady? lol
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:18 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• my DD dropped early so i had pain like that. i feel for you...those last few weeks of pregnancy were hell.....it will be over soon enough though just hang in there
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 1:14 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• To be honest, I just sit or lay down and stick the ice pack on my crotch haha! Or if it's hurting worse around my hips I'll hold it to my hips. I dunno if it's the cold or the numbing effect of it, but it's really soothing. Sometimes a hot shower helps too. I tried taking tylenol, but my doctor said since it's not a muscle sprain it probably won't help >:( Boo.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:41 AM on Nov. 18, 2008