Have you read the book "The Shack," by William P. Young and what did you think about it?

rhonda0428

Asked by rhonda0428 at 10:51 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I just finished it yesterday. This is what I wrote about it in my book group:

I liked this book more than I thought I would.  This story is suppose to be a true account of a father, Mack, whose daughter is kidnapped and brutally murdered by a serial killer.  Four years later he returns to the place she was killed to meet God.  The author claims it's a true account told to him my his friend but the book isn't listed as a memoir but a novel.  Mostly I had a hard time connecting with Mack, his character was flat and not at all what I'd image from someone whose daughter dies tragically. 

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:13 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I wish I shared your sentiments. I get his perspective but it didn't resonate with me profoundly. Still, an interesting and open minded interpretation....
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:56 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• YES!!!!!!!!! It is the most amazing book I have ever read. A totally different way of looking at your faith. I will read it over and over again.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:52 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I agree!!! I got chills reading that book and have passed it on to others.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:55 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I'm no longer Christian, and the book really affected me. I thought it was a beautiful story, though very hard to get through the beginning.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 11:02 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I have not read it but it will be next on my list. thanks
    Dianakk

Answer by Dianakk at 11:04 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I am Christian. I did not like the book. I got half way through and I had to put it down and I just could not finish it no matter how hard I tried. It was just too weird for me. I just couldn't get into it.
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 11:12 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I read it and really enjoyed it.Made me stop and think many times throughout the book.
    Tikismom

Answer by Tikismom at 12:07 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I liked it
    Opie99

Answer by Opie99 at 12:33 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I really liked it and recommend it often. I always had the "head-knowledge" about God's love, but this book helped me to get the "heart-knowledge" as well.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 12:58 AM on Feb. 15, 2011