Info: a caseworker quits after being asked to lie on the stand

http://www.nptelegraph.com/articles/2011/02/13/news/40001405.txt
www.nptelegraph.com

maiahlynn

Asked by maiahlynn at 11:18 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I just read the article. It gets me, some people take it too far. If the teacher saw a bruise on a child's leg, that doesn't mean they are abused. Kids play, fall down, etc. but one little bruise doesn't warrant a call to CPS or a social worker for that matter. There are other children out there that are worse off than these girls are. There are kids that are abused to the point of broken bones, sexual abuse and verbal abuse. A lot of these cases aren't taken seriously enough. These kids will have problems the rest of their lives because they weren't taken seriously enough.  Some of them wind up dead. What does CPS consider in theri guidelines, that is, their definition of abuse? May God bless all these children!

amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:31 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• That is unreal. I understand the the social worker case load is very high, and some people/kids are falling thru thr cracks. This is why I think social workers perfer to take on an easy case, something that isn't hard, i.e the branson case. When I was little about 7 or so somehow I managed to hit my thumb hard enough that in a few days it was real red and swollen and infected. Mom already took me to the doc and got put on meds. My teacher apparently didn't believe me when she asked what happened. Next thing I know, I see 2 social workers come in and take me from school, to the hospital then to a place where they put kids in like a 'foster home' except there were other kids and there were bunk beds. They made me eat Brussels spouts! Then everyone went outside and played hide and seek. While they all were distracted, I climbed up and over a fence, intent on going home when I see my mom there. I was traumatized to say the least
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:20 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• And yet we have millions of moms on cafemom yelling call CPS over the dumbest shit, are they for real??? For every abused child that goes untreated or helped there are 20 children being investigated for stupid shit. Some children are clumsy like my self and my daughter we get bumps and bruises all of the time cause of our untenability to have good balance. So if someone was to look at either of us you would find a bruise at any time on our arms or legs. Does that mean we are abused no, and kids get banged up all of the time from just playing out side or falling off of something, that doesn't mean they are being abused just means they are kids and kids get hurt. Now if a child is getting fractures and a ton of bruising or spending tons of time in the er with injuries that cant be explained then i understand the reason for CPS. But over a one bruise you have to be kidding me.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 8:33 AM on Feb. 15, 2011