My daughter doesnt eat breakfast

lilly wont eat breakfast the first thing she does in the morning is open the fridge and go right for the capris sun water pouches or any juice/milk... and ill ask her if she is hungry and she sayss no.. so i dont let her have the drink is that wrong? i feel like she would rather drink the juice then eat her breakfast? i hate that she drinks so much it makes me wonder if she is diabetic?? or substitute food for liquids?

MissLynne01

Asked by MissLynne01 at 11:24 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Give her Carnation Instant Breakfast.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:26 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• is that the chocolate milk that is made for breakfast?
    MissLynne01

Comment by MissLynne01 (original poster) at 11:28 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Yes. They have a powdered and liquid version. http://carnationbreakfastessentials.com/Public/Default.aspx

Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:30 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• you could give her sugar-free ensure too, and it tastes good
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 11:38 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I agree with the Carnation Instant Breakfast. My son has Sensory Perception Disorder, so I do it in the blender with, maybe, a tablespoon of ice cream. Other wise, he says it is grity and won't drink it.
    tracy0812

Answer by tracy0812 at 6:17 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• talk to her pediatrician and see what they recommend she just might be a child that doesn't like breakfast. My oldest son is that way on some days and when he doesn't want to eat I give him a carnation instant breakfast drink and he seems satisfied with that.
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:13 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• she could be still full from dinner the night before. if my son eats a lot at dinner he wont eat much for breakfast.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 9:38 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:33 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Don't stress too much over her not wanting breakfast; for some, it is NOT the way to start the day. Neither of my kids have ever been breakfast eaters (nor have I). The thought of eating in the morning makes us nauseous; if we force ourselves to eat, we feel sluggish the rest of the day (our bodies work too hard at digestion) rather than energized. We get our energy for the day from dinner the nite before. As long as she's eating the rest of the time, she should be OK.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:46 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Have her eat dinner earlier, and not snacks after dinner.

Only water to drink

Answer by rkoloms at 11:10 PM on Feb. 16, 2011