To get a child more involved @ school?

my daughter has a great amagination but she is sooo shy and i wonder if its my parenting skills? the teacher says that she hardly talks... wich is so odd for her because she is soo loud at home you can never get her to stop going.. i just wonder if there is some kind of problom?

MissLynne01

Asked by MissLynne01 at 11:27 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• She is probably just shy! All of us have inherent personality traits...outgoing, shy, etc. Most of the time, those don't have to do with parenting...you just are who you are! However, if you want to help your daughter come out of her shell a little, invite one of her classmates over for a play date and encourage a friendship. Then she might feel more comfortable in class.
    emilex

Answer by emilex at 11:30 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• see she does have a a couple of friends already in her class her cousin and a girl that she use to go to day care with.. she makes friens very well she is just soo shy like she doesnt speak to the teacher like raising her hand ... i just want her to understand it seems as if she might not get the whole learning in school thing like to pay attention the teacher is teaching you something ..
    MissLynne01

Comment by MissLynne01 (original poster) at 11:37 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Maybe she's scared. I was scared to death of my teachers from about k-3.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Feb. 15, 2011