Pagan's, I thought pagans believed in peace and harmony. Harm none. Why does

the pagan's (not all) on here keep bashing Christians? Can't we all just get along and harm none? Blessed Be

Dianakk

Asked by Dianakk at 11:31 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• OP--I think this site is very helpful when trying to get basic information about different religions and for comparisons. It's a good starting point anyway. I linked the paganism page for you, but there are all kinds of information throughout the site. Wiccans are pagans, but not all pagans are Wiccans. Plus, there's the term neo-pagans (Wiccans, etc), but there's also the general term 'pagan' meaning that it's any religion besides Abrahamic religions. It depends what people mean by pagan.

Religious Tolerance: Paganism
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 12:16 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I'm pretty sure I know who you're referring to, and to be honest, I don't understand the hostility either. It goes well beyond constructive debate.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 11:56 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• i've seen far less bashing from pagans than christians (i am not bashing them with this comment). but sometimes bashing is just what YOU perceive as bashing. like when someone points out flaws in faiths people are going to get their feather's ruffled whether it's a bash or not. to me an actual bash is when someone is throwing out actual names or being nasty on purpose.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 11:36 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Wiccan's follow "Do no Harm" not Pagan's. Although Wicca is a branch of Pagans, just like say Jehovah Witnesses are a branch of Christianity (Some Christians believe in Hell, however JW's don't). I don't know which posts you are referring to, but sometimes IMHO, Pagans have just had enough of the bashing from others that they feel they have to deal it back...sometimes it's not taken into consideration that not all Christan's are extremist and have the same outlook on life and that they don't all judge someone for their religion. As a Wiccan, following the "do no harm" can be just as hard as "turn the other cheek". We forget at times that words hurt more than a physical beating. Blessed Be!
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 11:38 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• And one of the main Christian values is the Golden rule..."Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". I am a Christian and have seen way more bashing from Christians, than Pagans.

The rudeness and bashing go both ways.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:42 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• The research I have done on pagan's seems so nice. It seems like the way things should be. But a certain pagan (not you) is really rude on here. I just think no one should bash anyone. I know the pagan's were around long before the Christians and that the Christians turned people against them. So why do people point out flaws in other peoples religion? I have no feathers and if I did they certainly aren't ruffled. I am curious because I had never met a pagan that was negative before or pointed out flaws in others religions. As long as you believe in a higher power I think it is all the same. Well athiest don't but I haven't researched that yet. My dad is one but I didn't know that until a couple of weeks ago. So peace and love be with you! It's almost time to be reborn.
    Dianakk

Comment by Dianakk (original poster) at 11:46 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• World peace and Love to all! (this is my belief) Please, let's all respect one another for the love of humanity.
    Mommy1234321

Answer by Mommy1234321 at 11:46 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• the point i was trying to make about "pointing out flaws" was simply that people like to debate religion (i don't know why) and one of the ways they do that is by saying what they believe is wrong with the proposed religion. i wasn't thinking you had your feather's ruffled, i was merely suggesting that someone's "bashing" is another person's debate. i am sorry i should have clarified.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 11:50 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Pagan isn't a religion. Pagan just means you aren't one of the 3 Abrahamic religions, and the term is thrown around indiscriminately. There are no "pagan rules" because it's thousands of religions each with their own rules. What is appropriate behavior in one belief system is an abomination in another, and you can't use one religion's belief system to define all the others just because they get lumped in together as "other" for convenience.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:51 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I haven't seen any pagan bashing on here, but I have only been on for about 2-3 weeks. yes Mommy1234321 Also, do two wrongs make a right? Yes I know the bashing goes both ways and beyond. All religions have that. What I am saying is why can't we all get along and let each do their own thing? I had actually planned on researching some more on it, but I see so many being mean, I am not sure now. I thought I had found something. Oh I did not know Wiccan's weren't Pagan's. Can you tell me the difference please and thank you. World Peace and Love to all from me too. I don't want this to turn into a bash question, just confused on the issue. Maybe because I read wiccan books is why I thought pagan's are the same. I have not seen a wiccan bash anyone! yet! lol maybe I will be their first.
    Dianakk

Comment by Dianakk (original poster) at 11:55 PM on Feb. 14, 2011