How do you tell a friend that she has bad breath? This is on a regular basis.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Just for Fun

• LOOK AT HER AND BE LIKE OMG REALLY HERE IS A TIC TAC .. LOL YES IT MIGHT SOUND MEAN BUT YA KNOW IT WORKED FOR MY FRIEND LOL
    Anonymous

• My hubb hass horrible breath but thats easy.........i just tell him. Offer her gum or mints just make sure you take one too so she wolnt be offended. or you could just tell her. If it was me with the bad breath i would want to know!
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 11:02 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Wouldn't you want to know if it was you? I would tell her. Thats what friend are for. :)
    lincsmom74

Answer by lincsmom74 at 11:05 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I agree with all the answers...for me, I would have a friend who was completely and openly honest with me than one who let me run around with rank breath, lol.
    SLCMOMMY

Answer by SLCMOMMY at 11:31 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• arg, I would RATHER, lol...sorry
    SLCMOMMY

Answer by SLCMOMMY at 11:32 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Yes, I would tell her. Probably she has tooth decay or gingivitis. Both can cause bad breath. Acid reflux and gastro problems can also. Those are harder to treat, because brushing doesn't make it go away.
    A really good friend should tell her in private, and with some humor if you can.
    3gymnastsmom

Answer by 3gymnastsmom at 11:38 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Start by saying, "Ok, this is going to be awkward, but I have to tell you because you are my close friend... Often your breath smells bad, and I figured you probably didn't realize it."
    3gymnastsmom

Answer by 3gymnastsmom at 11:39 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Just say, your breath stinks.. I'm not one to twiddle my thumbs, if your a good friend then just tell her. Wouldn't you want her to tell you?, if it was your stinky breath? Amazing is we can tell one another, some of our most secret thoughts. But we can't tell one another your breath stinks.. We can even go into a dressing room, when shopping and help each other, with trying on clothes. Maybe see her in her, bra if she can get a top to close right when trying on clothes..But we can't tell one another your breath stinks.We can go out partying with friends, and have to much to drink, and the friend needs your help in the bathroom, because she throwing up, and feels like she going to pass out.So we hold their heads, so not to pass out in the toilets. But we can't tell one another your breath stinks...
    scrappnmomma

Answer by scrappnmomma at 11:50 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• This question would be a good one to do on a Poll just to see how many people would let a friend know or not know that their breath stinks & then explain why. Why don't you try it & see what kind of answers you get! Should be interesting to know.
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 12:00 AM on Nov. 18, 2008