9 month old not sleeping through the night yetI

This is my 2nd child. with my first DD she was extremely hard to get to sleep through the night. She was breastfed and very colicky in the beg so she started sleeping with me. Then had troubles with separation from me at night. (Now, at 3 yrs old she's been sleeping thru the night since she was 1 1/2)

With my 2nd dd, she has been bottle fed since she was born. My question is, should she be sleeping through the night by now? She's exhausted by 7 every night. So that is her bedtime. She has an 8 oz bottle right before I lay her down. But for instance, tonight she just woke up at 11:15. I gave her a bottle and she went back to sleep. She most likely will wake up again around 2 or 3 to eat.
Should I be giving her these two bottles after bedtime? or - 1 - get her back to sleep by rocking, holding her etc.... or 2 - let her soothe herself back to sleep at these times?

she does wake up between 6-9 every morning and is up till nap time which is between 11 and 1 (depending on what time she gets up in the morning.)

BelloItaliano

Asked by BelloItaliano at 11:44 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son didn't sleep through the night until after he was one, long after. he was bottle fed since he was 3 wks
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 11:46 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Here is a bump for you... You are not alone mama, I am going through the same thing. My son still wakes up once, sometimes twice a night for a bottle and he is 9 months as well!
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 11:47 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• All babies are different, my first one slept through the night after only a couple months, still sleeps like a log...she's 8. My little one has never been a good sleeper and still wakes up at least 1 time during the night....she's 5. Sorry I don't have a better answer for you! Is your baby hungry? I mean, if she is waking up because she is hungry you could try feeding her more before bed....some cereal or a snack.
    emilex

Answer by emilex at 11:49 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Bottle or breast-- feeding and sleeping are not related.

Not every adult sleeps through the night. Sleeping is very individual and there is little to nothing you can do to make a baby sleep. you may be going through a Growth spurt that is contributing to more night wakings and more feedings.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:23 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• my dd is one and she doesnt sleep all night! at nine months she was still waking every 3 hours! cuz of teething and a growth spurt!! only now this last month or 2 she has been waking once a night! u are not alone mama! hang in there! i exclusively pump so my dd is breast feed from a bottle, i dont think it matters bottle or breast every baby is different!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 12:36 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Thewre is NO age when they "should" be sleeping through the night. They should be doing it when THEY are ready, not before. Whenever that is.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:28 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• This is normal. You can try other methods of soothing her when she wakes before offering a bottle, but if they don't work, then go ahead and give her the bottle. She very well could be legitimately hungry when she wakes.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:46 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Have a read of this article Is Your Baby Getting Enough Sleep and Is Your Baby Sleeping Through The Night you may fin them to be helpful.

I hope that she starts to sleep through soon as i know how hard it can be on yourself with little sleep!

shirl16

Answer by shirl16 at 7:56 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• My DD didn't really sleep through the night till she was 15 months and then it was 12hours straight! Also, a 5-6 hour stretch is considered sleeping through the night.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 2:13 AM on Feb. 19, 2011