A question about "ghosts/spirits" whatever you want to call them... adult content

I will call them ghosts for this posts but know that the only thing I am not talking about is "demons" lol! I am not really a believer of paranormal activity however there have been a few times in my life where I have thought "ok, that just isn't normal" tonight being one of those times. My childhood home was built from the ground up on a piece of land where a family had lived before in a little junky shack. They were nudest among other odd lifestyle choices *or so the old man across the street says* well one day the dad/husband, an abusive drunk, came home and set the house on fire, burning it to the ground. Everyone got out okay and nobody was seriously hurt by the fire but it was enough damage that the only thing they could do was bulldoze the remains of the house level to the ground and move somewhere else. Nobody knows what happened to the family after that..........my parents came bought the land and built our home from the ground up and when they dug for the basement they would find reminents of glass from windows, childrens clothes/shoes that survived the fire, glass from alcohol bottles, dishes etc. Years later I am in hmm middle school? and I begin hearing children laughing every once in a while, people talking in low whispers, footsteps etc. and I could always feel a presence in the basement of the house to the point of me being terrified to be downstairs even though it was a finished basement and my bedroom was down there. There was even one time where my mom and I had gotten into a fight and we were late for something she went out the back door and i went out the front a few seconds later...it was just enough time for her to be backing the car out of the garage quickly and i was running down the sidewalk around the corner to the garage and we would have hit each other but this little blonde girl about 6 years old put her arm out and stopped me, giggled and ran away. The look in my mom's eyes was terror, she said she had felt that she hit something and thought it was me. Even remembering this now gives me goose bumps and shivers. Well I am now married and living with my family 20 min away from there, my parents are out of state for the week and I have alternating house/pet care with my two older brothers, tonight i was there by myself and heard the same footsteps while I was downstairs....so here it the question...if nobody died in the fire but lets say for the sake of the post a little girl had been severely traumatized by the experience and whatever else had been happening, and she went on living until she was old and died (or died for any other reason elsewhere) could she return to the place where the trauma occurred and "haunt" that area? I say "haunt" loosely.

NessGuinness

Asked by NessGuinness at 11:47 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes,also there could have been other trauma ,living there with the type of lifestyle these people had. when I was a little girl I grew up in a haunted house and that can be traumatizing as well lucky for me I am a very strong young lady and open minded.I did want to go back one day to see if other's experianced the same things.Next time take someone with you.
    Mommy1234321

Answer by Mommy1234321 at 11:56 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• maybe they were spirits that attached to you bc you had a higher level of energy being a child/teen
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 11:57 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Yes she can if this is a place she called home and is where she remembers her fondest moments. Are you 100% sure no one died there because from what you've described the family perished there and continues to inhabit the place. Also, how do the pets respond to strange noises?
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:58 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• There are no such things as ghosts. I think you are imagining these things imo. The little girl was probably an angel sent to protect you.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:01 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• So how would I go about finding out if there really was any fatalities from the fire?? I guess the only reason I know nobody died there is because my parents said so lol!!! So I suppose it is possible...
    NessGuinness

Comment by NessGuinness (original poster) at 12:21 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• how do you not believe in ghosts but you believe in angels?
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 3:48 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I have a stories like taht of my own. At my first Pow-Wow, I saw a man. He was really tall, and had on a yellow leather vest, a white shirt with the sleeves rolled up, long, wavy hair, some facila hair, shorts that went just below the knees, and a real natural, unhurried walk. His eyes are what struck me. I noticed him watching me. And he never said a word to any one. It was like no one else even saw him. But he was staring a hole right through me. He was beautiful! His eyes glowed so brightly. I had been praying to see my guide that night and he was what I saw. Don't know who he was. An indian elder I spoke with said tha he was my guide and he was very protective of me, and that he had piercing eyes.I called him Mack after that. I think he never leaves me. And if he is also my guardian angel, then I've definitely seen hum before a long time ago. It's hard to say for sure.
    TwilightMack

Answer by TwilightMack at 12:27 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Some "haunts" are not actual spirits or ghosts. They are residual hauntings, where a specific trauma "records" itself on a certain spot and it plays over and over again, like a video tape. They don't interact or acknowlege the presense of living persons in the room but continue to replay a certain action repeatedly. The fact that your spirit interacted with you indicates its reality. It is likely one of your guardian spirits taking whatever form it needs to in order to protect you. The clairaudience you experienced (with voice and sounds) is a part of that residual haunt. We should remember that the land we build on is billions of years old and holds memories from lives that came long before us. Sometimes it isn't possible to research far enough back to find the information you need. If they haven't tried to harm you, they are nothing to worry about.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:51 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Good luck trying to find your way, I wish you luck.
    kalynskorner

Answer by kalynskorner at 11:52 PM on Feb. 15, 2011