Did you play music to yur baby in the womb?

If so, what kind? Did he/she react to a certain kind of music more often?

I've been playing classical music via pandora while I surf the web with the headphones on my stomach. I just thought it was really interesting because everytime the baby kicks, I go to the site & notice it's Mozart. It's probably a coincidence but I just think it's funny that so far every song he's kicked on has been primarily Mozart or a collaboration with Mozart :)

Dark-N-Prego

Asked by Dark-N-Prego at 12:15 AM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Your baby knows knows a day without Mozart is like a day without sunshine ! I listen to music a lot as I seldom watch TV , and did so when I was pregnant , mostly classical. My daughters love music - especially classical - but have shown no talent for playing it . Music has been around at home ever since they were born so it may not be just the womb influence .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 12:24 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Classical music is great for babies in the womb.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 12:17 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Yep! Her father is Hispanic and we listened to LOTS of Mexican music and she always rocked around in my belly to it! That was the coolest thing ever.`
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 12:31 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Yes but nothing classical.I played classic rock, my fave but nothing too loud or fast. Its amazing too because both of my kids love those songs now!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:18 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 12:18 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Yup, I played classical music mostly but other times I would play around with my favorite music. He reacted most to music with lots of bass and got very still when I played the softer, classical stuff. I played it for him as a newborn/infant and he had the same reaction. I honestly think he recognized one of the classical songs I always played. Hmm I wonder what he'd do now as a toddler! I'll have to try it :)
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:18 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• i had actually never thought about it until one day driving in the car and the eagles song life in the fast lane came on and my baby started going crazy...no matter what im doing or listening to if he likes it he will go crazy...not a big kesha fan though lol but loves christmas music michael jackson the eagles for sure and journey and if i stop singing along he gets mad and kicks my ribs lol..i was a music major in college so hopefully he gets my love for music
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 11:18 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• No, I didn't with my pregnancies. Live music was okay, some recorded classical music (because I was listening) happened, but otherwise I try to follow nature's cues...
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:43 AM on Feb. 15, 2011