Would you be pissed off?

We had some furniture delivered today, our new dining room table to be exact. In the process of setting the new table up, one of the delivery guys trips I guess and knocks over my beautiful tulip arrangement from my husband. It's my favorite flower, and tulips are just really hard to get in my area (not only that, they are expensive when you do find them). The arrangement cost close to 100 bucks, and I had only had it about 4 hours. My husband wasn't upset at ALL. I was fuming. I was livid. I am STILL livid. Not even so much that, but several of them broke, and in the process the guy dumps water all over our outgoing mail and the muffins I just made for V-Day for our DD. So in short, lots of work down the drain. Lots of money down the drain.

My DH doesn't understand. My argument? It was MY gift. His argument? It was a mistake. An accident. Hey, I understand shit happens as well as the next guy, but those were MY flowers. =( I don't get gifts very often, and I rarely buy things for myself so I was so happy when he got them for me. But he walked out. He doesn't understand why I am so upset. I don't understand why he doesn't care more.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• Well it was a mistake and an accident. He should be upset for you that the stuff was damaged but not upset at the delivery guy. Give dh a break.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:37 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Even though I know where YOU are coming from your dh is probably thinking it was the thought and it's only material even though I know that's not the point...Did the guy say Im sorry or offered to pay something or even you should call and report him see what happens...Just tell them he was clumsy and so on lie alittle...lol
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:43 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• You are understandable upset but if it were an accident and the guy wasn't just being careless then you can't really be mad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Good Grief! Don't get mad at your wonderful husband! Accidents happen but he seems like a great & caring guy who is trying to save the day by playing down the incident. I think your hubby is a keeper-forget the delivery guy and give your husband a big Valentines Day kiss! No use crying over spilled flowers!
    drsally

Answer by drsally at 12:48 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• We've had furniture delivered three times from these same people. Either something of ours or the furniture itself being delivered has been broken or damaged in some way. So, I feel like I am rightfully pissed off.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:50 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• wow girly I am sorry that really sucks ....
    mami323

Answer by mami323 at 12:51 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Ok but don't get mad to your hubby and if you know they are clumsy maybe you should have moved all your stuff to another room? You have all the right to be mad at them but don't get angry if your DH does not get angry don't let them ruin your v day
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 1:02 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• My husband never sticks up for anything in this family. He doesn't even stick up for himself. If someone on the inside makes a mistake he gets pissed off, but if someone on the outside makes a mistake he is just so passive with it and doesn't care. I personally feel I have every fucking right to be pissed off at him. And, btw, I was taking a nap when the delivery men came.

It already ruined our day. My husband grabbed his stuff and is moving out apparently.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:04 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• That's ashame that happened. Sorry. As much as you can, try to enjoy your night. Don't show your husband your anger. I know you're mad at the delivery guy but if you keep on complaining, your hubby will get upset. Be happy he got you such a beautiful bouquet of your favorite flower and even though some broke...I'm sure you can arrange the flowers nicely again. Just remind your hubby how much you love him and how grateful you are that he thought of you on this day. If I were you, I'd find a different company to buy furniture...seems like their very clumsy. I would be upset too and just remember guys think differently than us. They are not emotional over things.
    Katie80620

Answer by Katie80620 at 1:07 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Oh, WHAT? YOUR HUBBY IS MOVING OUT, OVER THIS?
    Katie80620

Answer by Katie80620 at 1:08 AM on Feb. 15, 2011