Are there any tv shows you will not allow your child to watch?

Why or why not?

SweetLoveofMine

Asked by SweetLoveofMine at 12:33 AM on Feb. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• I watch the ratings, I am careful what he watches, and if I don't think its good I explain to him why..now he knows what is allowed and what isn't .. and he will turn the channel if its not suitable.
    LuvNLaughter

Answer by LuvNLaughter at 12:36 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Barney - we are a Barney Free household! I find him incredibly annoying and just plain dopey!!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:41 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• yes bc I think they are to out there or to adult or not kid friendly
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 12:47 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Which shows are banned from your house?
    SweetLoveofMine

Comment by SweetLoveofMine (original poster) at 12:51 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• family guy, it poses too many questions!
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 1:09 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• degrassi...i think its a little too adult oriented although those are real life situations these days...i feel its my job as a parent to teach my children about those types of things, not a tv show
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 3:39 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• yes there are several shows that I don't let my boys watch some are too old for them and others there is just too much violence in them my boys are limited to 2 hours of TV during the week and 3 hours on the weekend and mom or dad have to verify they can watch whatever show is on first.
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:15 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Yes - there are actually too many to list. It's easier to list that I let them watch anything on PBS (except Barney), Nickelodeon or Disney. Sometimes we watch animal planet together or something on the History Channel. Other than that, they have to ask if they can watch a certain show - no MTV, no VH1, no Family Guy, no SpongeBob, etc. etc.

Answer by missanc at 8:52 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Spongebob! I saw a small bit of an episode once at a friends house and couldn't believe the way the characters were speaking to eachother! It was very rude. I don't want my child talking like that. They pick up so much from TV they watch. My son is a little copycat sometimes. I only let him watch shows that are either on PBS, Sprout or Disney. But overall, I limit how much TV he watches. It seems to put him in a coma! lol
    Blakesmommy0907

Answer by Blakesmommy0907 at 11:07 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• If it is above PG and even some of those are too much for my child. I tihnk one must screen or at least watch with thier child in order to determine what is age appropiate. I have a child that is terrified of some PG movies. Silly I know but I have to make sure what they watch. There is a lot of stuff on TV that is just wrong.
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 11:16 AM on Feb. 15, 2011