When you go shopping for your kids clothes,

can you just pick something up for them or do you have to have them with you to make sure that it fits?

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 12:56 AM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Shopping

• My son's only 18 months, so picking something out that fits isn't too hard. I did, however, take my 2 year old niece for Christmas. Thank goodness I took her with me! That little girl is one opinionated diva!! She insisted on picking out all of her own clothes, and some of the things I picked out just wouldnt' do!!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 1:00 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I like to have them with me to make sure it fits because I hate having to exchange/return. I pick out "outfitts" not just random shirts and pants. Like if I'm buying dd a couple of dresses I will make sure to buy her that same day shoes and tights to match. I also like trying on in the store because sometimes something looks good on the hanger but looks odd on the child lol.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:00 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I just pick stuff up. My son is only 4 so it is still pretty easy. Just buy a size bigger and I am good, lol. Now, when he gets older I will have to take him cause they start having more brands and things fit different.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 1:00 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I just pick stuff up. Both my boys are young
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 1:03 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I just pick stuff up. She's only two, so I just buy a size or two bigger and go with that. The most she does is tell me 'That's cute!' or 'Pretty!'
    alf2651

Answer by alf2651 at 1:05 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I know what size my 3 1/2 year old son is so it's easy. I just can never remember what size shoe he wears.
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 12:35 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I can just get something and it fits. 99% of the time anyhow! Its easy, I know their sizes, and that varies from store to store and brands.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 5:07 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Either way we take her with us or dont have her with us. What I usually do sometimes is get a bigger size so she can have it for next year and that is doesn't go to waste and only worn a few times.
    acruz86

Answer by acruz86 at 6:49 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I like bring them to try on. Let them help pick out what they like.
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 10:20 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I NEVER take my kids with me. I just bring it home or order it online. Even for my 15 year old.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:32 AM on Feb. 17, 2011