What would you do to keep yourself together?

I suffered a miscarriage this past weekend. This upcoming weekend I will be attending a friends baby shower. Our husbands are friends and they are really looking froward to hanging out. My hubby will be post call (just worked a 30 hour shift) so I will have to drive so he can get a couple hours of sleep. I have to go but I do not want my emotions to get the best of me. This couple is amazing, they have had multiple miscarriages and fertitility treatments and this is their own miracle baby.

mrs.coop

Asked by mrs.coop at 1:02 AM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Holidays

• Its almost mission impossible the only thing I could advice you is Fake it till you make it, if you loose it I think they will understand since they have been in your shoes. For now you should take this week to cry your loss.

hugs

gou18

Answer by gou18 at 1:09 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• if you can make it through you are stronger than i was. good luck, just breathe.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 1:07 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• All you can really do is try to put it out of your head for a couple of hours. Cry on the way there if you need to and get as much of the hurt and emotion out of your system. As you get closer try and remember this is their miracle baby and that sooner then you know it you also will be having your own miracle baby. Try and see them as a sign of hope, because you know where they have been and one day you will be joining them in welcoming your own baby.

Answer by gemgem at 8:42 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• They will understand surely if you let them know beforehand. Just know that you WILL have a child, one way or another. I know too well about the pain of a miscarriage. I had one almost 4 years ago. I was able to conceive immediately after the miscarriage. Your body is more likely to conceive immediately after a miscarriage I have read. It's painful but it does get better.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:11 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I don't know...good luck!
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 1:30 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Sorry for your lose. If you do go your friend can help you through this. Good luck.

HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 8:40 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Do what you need to do for yourself this week and be strong at the shower as it is their time and in time you will be where they are. Stay strong!
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 11:31 AM on Feb. 16, 2011