Toddler beds?

at what age are they ready for a toddler bed?? my daughter will be 3 in april and was wanting to know if its time yet....

CandyMama231

Asked by CandyMama231 at 1:19 AM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If you get one with her favorite cartoon character she will want to sleep on it as soon she see it mine started to sleep on hers at 3 she loved it because it was sponge bob I could not set it fast enough for her she was all over me asking Is it ready? is it ready ? I want my bed!
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 1:23 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I got my son his when we moved, he was 17 months old, but then his dad got put on night shift so he sleeps in the bed with momma, but when I put him in his bed he sleeps there too. I got him a cars one, something I knew he'd like!
    JaxonsMommy16

Answer by JaxonsMommy16 at 1:48 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Both of my kids went to a toddler bed around 18 months. That's when they started scaling the crib, the little jailbirds lol. For us it was a matter of safety.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:48 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• we got my daughter a toddler bed at about 16 months 1 because the crib is her cousins and my sister was about to have her baby and 2, she could climb out. we got her a tinkerbell bed that is about 4 in off the ground, railing on both sides and a cute canopy :)

she has slept in it, but not all the way through the night. i put her to bed in it tonight! so hopefully she stays asleep all night!!!!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:19 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• All of my kids switched straight to a twin or full bed around 2 years. It never made sense to me to buy a toddler bed for them to sleep in for a few years when I was going to have to buy a "real" bed anyway.

Answer by missanc at 9:06 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• mine when to a toddler bed when he was about 1 1/2. he tried to climb out and he was in his own room.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 9:15 AM on Feb. 15, 2011