When my almost 3 year is speaking sometimes she will repeat a word or words five or six times. It doesn't sound like stuttering, but is it?

Its normally when she is trying to explain something to me and it seems like she gets in a hurry. Is this normal?

carrot2004

Asked by carrot2004 at 1:37 AM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I think its normal. Her big brain is just getting ahead of her little mouth lol. Seriously, I wouldn't worry too much. My son did this and he's fine now. Its a phase.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:41 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• See if it happens more when she's excited or talking fast. Ask her to slow down a little bit. My friends son is 5 and he just started doing the same thing. Slow him down and he stops.
    Tracee F.

Answer by Tracee F. at 2:14 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I think it's because she's either thinking or is too excited.
    My two year old does it as well. The other day her convo went something like this: "Mommy.. mommy.. how.. how.. come... how come.. Rorerei (the way she says her name)... how come Rorerei (at this point I'm eagerly waiting to hear the question)... why Rorerei...... WATER TOWER!"
    It was so funny and so random.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 3:05 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• My nephew went through something similar. Their Dr. told them to just ignore it and it should go away on it's own, and it took a couple months, but it did go away on it's own. :)
    Blakesmommy0907

Answer by Blakesmommy0907 at 11:26 AM on Feb. 15, 2011